Sponsored

Hope for Manual Lovers!

stinger556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family hauler, for now
THANK GOD. This car could be PERFECT if it had a manual option. My guess is that they release the DCT for the first model year, so all of the tests are completed by the magazines with the DCT times, than the 2021 MY, Ford releases a 7-speed manual transmission option

wmborelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
PHEW! Everyone that can't afford one can stop complaining now (I drive a GT that's stick).

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Perhaps they don't have a manual that can handle the torque yet so still in development??

OP
OP
A_Bau3

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Perhaps they don't have a manual that can handle the torque yet so still in development??
False, the Tremec T56 Mag can handle it easy. It’s actually quite the opposite, they’re having issues with the DCT handing the power and torque coming from this predator motor.

Sponsored

OP
OP
A_Bau3

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
False, the Tremec T56 Mag can handle it easy. It’s actually quite the opposite, they’re having issues with the DCT handing the power and torque coming from this predator motor.
And to add to that, Tremec T56’s are well known for their power. RPM Transmission’s has 6 diff levels offered for the T56 Magnum.. in other words, throw a 1000 lb ft of torque at it and it’ll take abuse. I also find it funny on here that some are saying that you can’t use the capabilities of a 700hp car in a manual. With slicks and a better ECU a 1000 hp manual car will hook.

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
And to add to that, Tremec T56’s are well known for their power. RPM Transmission’s has 6 diff levels offered for the T56 Magnum.. in other words, throw a 1000 lb ft of torque at it and it’ll take abuse. I also find it funny on here that some are saying that you can’t use the capabilities of a 700hp car in a manual. With slicks and a better ECU a 1000 hp manual car will hook.
Does the GT500 come with slicks and a better ECU from the factory?

OP
OP
A_Bau3

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Does the GT500 come with slicks and a better ECU from the factory?
Oh yes cause the guys buying $80,000 cars can’t afford a $1,500 set of R888R Proxe’s (semi-slicks)

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
"Right now, we're DCT-only, [but] we get feedback, and we're real tight with the Mustang crowd," Widmann said. I asked if that meant a manual was on the table. "We always listen to what our customers want, right?" he said with a grin.
Sounds like just talk/lip service, in fact, the bold sounds like a bit of sarcasm.

Ford will sell every GT500 they make, with the DCT, and anyone in management will simply respond to anyone suggesting a manual with: "Why spend money to design/test a manual and add build/supply complexity, when we don't need to?".

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^^yep. What many enthusiasts wanted, was a manual (even if they don't yet realize what a pain this car would be to drive fast with a manual). If that was the only driving factor, it would have a manual option already, IMO. Cost and making a functional car are #1. I'm a die-hard manual guy but in this case, Ford did the right thing.

PS - at one point, I wanted a DCT for the 350 but now that I've driven it, I think the power is perfect for a third pedal.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
a maybe is not confirmation...statement means nothing until it actually exists

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
There’s no manual coming

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Its about performance, side by side the DCT will kill a stick hands down. Ford is aiming this at the top of the performance heap and that means a DCT that shifts in 100 MS....
Sponsored