Sponsored

Hooked up the battery wrong

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You just saved yourself $2515.01! If you would have taking it to the dealer they probably would have told you that you blew your engine :crackup: :facepalm:
Nah, they would have just voided his warranty, but wouldn’t be able to tell him why.... LOL.:cwl::cwl::cwl:
Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
https://m.alibaba.com/product/62219724281/Amp-Di

Thousands of dollars worth of electronics that can be completely protected for a few bucks? Inexcusable! That diode will even handle the starter. 100 amp ones that just handle everything else are a few cents.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Really glad you got it worked out. Don't feel too bad, we all make mistakes. One time I needed a container for two stroke premix and all I had empty at the time was a empty bottle of oil. Used that and put it in my cabinet. I even thought, "I absolutely need to label that bottle 'premix' before I'm done today". I got distracted and forgot. Next time I was doing an oil change on my truck I dumped the entire bottle of premix into the engine. I felt something was off, I thought: wait the oil bottle wasn't sealed... Oh no... Oh no!! Had to drain four quarts of new oil and one quart of premix out and go back to the parts store for more oil to finish the job. So yeah, mistakes happen. Glad you're all set though.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
https://m.alibaba.com/product/62219724281/Amp-Di

Thousands of dollars worth of electronics that can be completely protected for a few bucks? Inexcusable! That diode will even handle the starter. 100 amp ones that just handle everything else are a few cents.
Best part about a diode like that is you'd never have to worry about why your battery doesn't charge... :crackup:

Ho Lee Chit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Ragtop
Many years ago I had a large brain fart by hooking up a battery the conventional way on a old classic car. Problem was it was a positive ground system. After the smoke cleared, I found that I almost completely fried the car’s wiring system. $hit happens unfortunately.
Sponsored