Sponsored

Homelink not working (no blinking lights)

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I recently moved and finally have a garage! However, I discovered my homelink button does not do anything. It won't even blink when pushing buttons.

I have LED bulbs in my dome light and I have also installed a dome light override switch. While the switch is spliced in all electrical connections should remain intact. Toggling the switch does not seem to fix homelink. I figure there might be some commonality with those electrical systems.

The dealer also did some work inside the A pillar and dash to fix the HUD at one point. Although I didn't need it at the time so I'm not sure when it stopped working.
Sponsored

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I recently moved and finally have a garage! However, I discovered my homelink button does not do anything. It won't even blink when pushing buttons.

I have LED bulbs in my dome light and I have also installed a dome light override switch. While the switch is spliced in all electrical connections should remain intact. Toggling the switch does not seem to fix homelink. I figure there might be some commonality with those electrical systems.

The dealer also did some work inside the A pillar and dash to fix the HUD at one point. Although I didn't need it at the time so I'm not sure when it stopped working.
Pop the visor down and check voltage on the connector. Might give you a starting point.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If you hold in any one of the HL buttons for say 5-10 seconds without releasing, do you see the HL LED flash rapidly (LED color will be yellow or possibly orange)?

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
If you hold in any one of the HL buttons for say 5-10 seconds without releasing, do you see the HL LED flash rapidly (LED color will be yellow or possibly orange)?
No, no lights at all.

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Pop the visor down and check voltage on the connector. Might give you a starting point.
Does the homelink module pop out or do you detach the visor?

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Does the light on the mirror come on?
No, the dome light does not come on either. On another posting I saw the fuse was shared with the center console. But thr light there appears to work.