Holley Manifold Testing- TEASER SHOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
When they called this thread "TEASER" they weren't kidding. Damn near 2 months to the day and 25 pages and still no info. We were all made in 9 months! I thought the wait for my Shelby was long. Damn.
Lol yea . I'm over it as are some of my friends.
Cj or gt350 for now.
Sponsored

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Lol yea . I'm over it as are some of my friends.
Cj or gt350 for now.
That's how I would feel too. I have been checking in just out of curiosity. I really hate how these magazines dictate stuff like this. Personally, I would tell the magazine that they are fired and release the info for the customers. I'm thankful that I am not a vendor anymore and done have to play that BS political game. Lol, I am anti-politically correct.

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's the only IM I'm interested in. The CJ isn't worth the price anymore with the gt350 and this one coming out. As well as there still isn't enough definitive proof to say the gt350 is all that. I mean there is a thread saying the gt350 is great and it beats the CJ and then there is another thread comparing the stock IM to the gt350 and the gt350 just gets destroyed. There is way too much mixed info on both of the Gt350 and the CJ and more so the GT350. Half the people seem to think the stock TB is better than the after market Gt350 TB. And the other half swear up and down its not.. Then you have people who just chim in their opinions like.. Oh the gt350 IM is better because you don't have to cut your hood.. Like... Stfu no one cares about your hood.. That doesn't make one better. The thing is with this manifold their aren't a bunch of hands in the cookie jar. And what we can take from the information that is going to come out is that it is very solid information that isn't diluted with false information with people doing the most rediculous comparisons.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
It's the only IM I'm interested in. The CJ isn't worth the price anymore with the gt350 and this one coming out. As well as there still isn't enough definitive proof to say the gt350 is all that. I mean there is a thread saying the gt350 is great and it beats the CJ and then there is another thread comparing the stock IM to the gt350 and the gt350 just gets destroyed. There is way too much mixed info on both of the Gt350 and the CJ and more so the GT350. Half the people seem to think the stock TB is better than the after market Gt350 TB. And the other half swear up and down its not.. Then you have people who just chim in their opinions like.. Oh the gt350 IM is better because you don't have to cut your hood.. Like... Stfu no one cares about your hood.. That doesn't make one better. The thing is with this manifold their aren't a bunch of hands in the cookie jar. And what we can take from the information that is going to come out is that it is very solid information that isn't diluted with false information with people doing the most rediculous comparisons.
Google intake manifolds. Google short runner vs long runner Intake manifolds. Re-read gt350 dyno results. Google What a throttle body does. Google how a garden hose nozzle works. Re-read gt350 tb vs oem tb thread.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
If your wanting low end torque you are wasting your time on this Holley intake. Everyone knows short straight runners are for high rpm. Not low end torque. Go ahead and pay 1/2 the price for the Holley. But expect 1/2 the performance from it also. The stock 5.0 intake DOES NOT DESTROY THE GT350 intake. I have a GT350 and I trial fit the CJ intake and mono blade TB and because the GT350 hood is 2" lower at the core support then the standard mustangs I couldn't use it. The CJ intake is 3" taller then the GT350 intake. But since my voodoo engine is good for 8250 rpm I wanted to see what kind of hp increase I could gain with the Cj in the hi end.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
If your wanting low end torque you are wasting your time on this Holley intake. Everyone knows short straight runners are for high rpm. Not low end torque. Go ahead and pay 1/2 the price for the Holley. But expect 1/2 the performance from it also. The stock 5.0 intake DOES NOT DESTROY THE GT350 intake. I have a GT350 and I trial fit the CJ intake and mono blade TB and because the GT350 hood is 2" lower at the core support then the standard mustangs I couldn't use it. The CJ intake is 3" taller then the GT350 intake. But since my voodoo engine is good for 8250 rpm I wanted to see what kind of hp increase I could gain with the Cj in the hi end.
you cant prove that. If you a actually felt that way why would you still subscribe?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Because I know the numbers already. And the coyotes intake DOES NOT DESTROY the voodoo intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Because I know the numbers already. And the coyotes intake DOES NOT DESTROY the voodoo intake.

dude i never personally said it did. but if you go by what the dyno graph showed in the other thread it did destroy it.. and if you dont recall i disclaimed that entire graph. so drop it..

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!

If you knew the numbers already youd know thats untrue. We already have a boss intake if we want those numbers which is the cheapest factory replacement the 5.0 has. . One tester has already said its a cj clone in terms of dyno numbers and then steve at upr said in a vague manner here that it was also. So thats two people that have tested it. Like i said if you feel this why, why are you still here? Im genuinely confused on that

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
If you knew the numbers already youd know thats untrue. We already have a boss intake if we want those numbers which is the cheapest factory replacement the 5.0 has. . One tester has already said its a cj clone in terms of dyno numbers and then steve at upr said in a vague manner here that it was also. So thats two people that have tested it. Like i said if you feel this why, why are you still here? Im genuinely confused on that
I'm going by what I was told on the numbers. I'm here because I can be. And I know it's not the same power numbers as the Cj intake. You'll see for yourself soon enough. Or the person that told me is lying about the numbers? I'm just going by what I was told.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
dude i never personally said it did. but if you go by what the dyno graph showed in the other thread it did destroy it.. and if you dont recall i disclaimed that entire graph. so drop it..
No need for a attitude. Damn some people are so damn sensitive

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Let's say it's less hp and tq then a cobra jet intake. How much less would you consider it a clone to the Cj?

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
Let's say it's less hp and tq then a cobra jet intake. How much less would you consider it a clone to the Cj?
Less hp gain... less tq loss. My guess would be a few.... 5 to 10 of each in difference. But just a guess. And a clone should be identical. If not its just competitive... but not a clone. :)

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I've got an solid before and after being done with my gt350 intake at my shop. Will be same day same shop and dyno with same tuner.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Less hp gain... less tq loss. My guess would be a few.... 5 to 10 of each in difference. But just a guess. And a clone should be identical. If not its just competitive... but not a clone. :)
Some people will say "it's only 5-10hp/tq different no big deal" well that's true unless your the one who doesn't have that 5-10hp/tq gain and my friend you just lost the race. I've spent $1000s to try and get 5-10 gains in race engines and a plus is a plus. I'd rather spend more money to get more power then spend less money to only get something close to the better part.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.