Sponsored

HiPo Mustang (S550) Prototype Spied -With Different Exhaust Setup and Sound

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
Sorry no to what? No there are not another american made cars with flat plane crankshafts. No ford wouldn't develop and test an engine over here that wouldn't be used over here. Or no that is not a flat plane engine.

Who knows about a FPC in general

NO to them making a special engine for europe

Build'em

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
You guys have bad hearing or have not heard the V6 mustang much. This IS a V6 without a doubt. Sounds the same as a customer that as a slight exhaust upgrade on his 2013 V6. Things I do like: same super sticky next-gen Michelin Pilot Supersports tires that are on the new C7-Z51.... I love these tires. I ditched my Pirelli summers off my brembo pack car for set of these. The result was OMG!!!! The car handled better, griped better in acceleration, we're much quieter, and have a 300 Utog vs the Pzeros 220 Utog. And for thse that don't know, the lower Utog means less tire life. It as nothing to do with traction or grip. Things I don't like: the mid 1970's Toyota Celica GT tail lights. they look like they were pulled straight off the Toyota and put on the mustang!!!! Yuck. Also, the sequential turn signals in the rear are gone with the 2014 MY.

Build'em

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
The FPC engine would first see duty in the European market, not here. And yes it would be tested here. lots of climates in the U.S. match those in Europe and so do some streets in areas.

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
Well now all we need is to find out what this mystery engine really is.

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
So does anyone think this could be the rumored V6 Eco Boost?

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
The FPC engine would first see duty in the European market, not here. And yes it would be tested here. lots of climates in the U.S. match those in Europe and so do some streets in areas.
Taking into account the environmental and carbon taxes in Europe on larger engines, it's still a question how many GTs they will sell there, to say nothing of a high performance model. Why make several hundred to sell in Europe with questionable demand when they can make several thousand that will sell like hotcakes here.

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
Whatever that engine is in there, it's clearly an engineering test car that has been setup for emissions testing. One outlet per side has been blocked, the extensions welded on, and then it fits into their standard measuring equipment. There was a pic of the GT500 with it's twin outlets blocked exactly the same way a few years ago.
This means that whatever this model is, it's closer to production rather than farther away.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Yuck. Also, the sequential turn signals in the rear are gone with the 2014 MY.
Sequential brake lights are still alive on the 15 is the US but not available elsewhere Ive read due to regulations there.

IGJoe2192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automobile
Sure sounds like a 6'er to me. 6'ers can sound like a v8 at idle but once they spin up they show their true self.