Hi-Flow PCV valve??

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I would not get the "high flow valve" and just get a fitting. You don't want a check valve in a system that is open to the atmosphere.

If you just want billet fittings, yes get 2 driver sides and put one in each valve cover.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I would not get the "high flow valve" and just get a fitting. You don't want a check valve in a system that is open to the atmosphere.

If you just want billet fittings, yes get 2 driver sides and put one in each valve cover.
So your saying that it's NOT okay to put 1 PCV valve? Like I have to get 2 PCV VALVES? DRIVER AND passenger? I can't get just the passanger side billet PCV valve?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
You don't have a PCV system so you don't want or need PCV valves. You want fittings so you can hook up your vented catch can.

If you want the billet units get 2 driver side billet fittings. Put one in each valve cover.

If you don't want billet fittings go to your Ford dealer, or a junk yard, and get a driver side fitting and put it in the passenger side.

You should be able to see through it. If you shake it and hear a rattle you don't want that one.

So in a nut shell, you want 2 driver side fittings and you want to connect them to your vented catch can.

PCV is a closed system that requires vacuum to work. It takes metered air from the CAI and routs it through the driver side valve cover, and then sucks it out of the passenger side valve cover. This is sucked into the intake manifold. The passenger side fitting or PCV valve has a check valve in it.

Have I described it so you understand?

If not please PM me

OP
OP
Einstein_nikola

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
You don't have a PCV system so you don't want or need PCV valves. You want fittings so you can hook up your vented catch can.

If you want the billet units get 2 driver side billet fittings. Put one in each valve cover.

If you don't want billet fittings go to your Ford dealer, or a junk yard, and get a driver side fitting and put it in the passenger side.

You should be able to see through it. If you shake it and hear a rattle you don't want that one.

So in a nut shell, you want 2 driver side fittings and you want to connect them to your vented catch can.

PCV is a closed system that requires vacuum to work. It takes metered air from the CAI and routs it through the driver side valve cover, and then sucks it out of the passenger side valve cover. This is sucked into the intake manifold. The passenger side fitting or PCV valve has a check valve in it.

Have I described it so you understand?

If not please PM me
Hmmm this is the opposite what others have suggested , can anyone else help here?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm this is the opposite what others have suggested , can anyone else help here?
That's because they don't understand the system. The PCV valve, even the high flow one has a restriction. The check valve is a restriction. It gets pulled up off it's seat by vacuum. Your system has no vacuum on the valve, so the check valve is on the seat until you have enough crankcase pressure to lift it off the seat.

You want an open fitting on both sides in your case.

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
The drivers side port, is the intake side of the system. The passenger side is where the PCV valve is. When the throttle is closed or nearly closed, manifold vacuum is applied to the passenger side(PCV) and pulls air in through the drivers side (open port, which hooks to the intake after the air filter.

when you run both valve cover ports to a vented catch can, there is no longer manifold vacuum being applied, therefor you want as little restriction as possible. The PCV valve (passenger side) has a check ball, or ball and seat type one way valve in it. The tiny gap between the ball and seat is a restriction when using a vented can, therefore, both your driver and passenger side valve cover ports should be as large as possible, and with no PCV valve in place. UPR sells the high flow fittings with no valve in place, it is just a 5/8” port to connect your tubes from the valve covers to the catch can.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
That's because they don't understand the system. The PCV valve, even the high flow one has a restriction. The check valve is a restriction. It gets pulled up off it's seat by vacuum. Your system has no vacuum on the valve, so the check valve is on the seat until you have enough crankcase pressure to lift it off the seat.

You want an open fitting on both sides in your case.
By default that high flow pcv valve that he's talking about has no check valve. It's just always open. You have to specify that you want the check valve and pay extra for it.

For the setup he's running it will work perfectly fine. Not sure where the lack of understanding you're talking about is at. He's getting more confused than necessary, lol. Obviously there are other fittings that will work in this case too, but this will be fine. He already bought it.

I will agree doing a breather on the driver side is also a good idea in this case, although I'm not sure how the drivers side clean air is routed with the intake on a boosted setup.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
By default that high flow pcv valve that he's talking about has no check valve.
Then it is not a PCV valve. Oh well enough beating this horse, it is dead.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Then it is not a PCV valve. Oh well enough beating this horse, it is dead.
I don't disagree on that. I only know about it because I looked into getting one for like 2 seconds but it's not really worthwhile. The appeal is being able to fine tune the orifice size, but if it's venting to atmosphere it's pointless to even run one of the restrictior jets.

I think it's intended to be used with their catch can that has a check valve after the can, which is why it doesn't have one by default.
Sponsored