OP

Guzman_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6 speed
nitrous is legal to have in most states some states (california) it can not be in a state of ready. meaning if you can activate it then it's illegal. you can have it for use at the track. also it must be stored and transported correctly. to be fair in california it's illegal to add anything without a e.o number
That is true, it's even worse for diesel trucks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Guzman_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6 speed
The low hanging fruit for minor bolt ons would be to port the throttle body and intake manifold. Won't affect drivability and should be good for a small gain.

The next thing is weight reduction. I know you have aftermarket 20" wheels, but make sure they are light (I didn't look up the specs. on them). Reducing rotating unsprung mass makes a difference in acceleration. Some SVE 19" wheels are 23-24 pounds, which is pretty decent, esp. compared to the factory PP1 wheels. You can also save weight by replacing the rotors with Baer Eradispeed or Girodisc aftermarket rotors. Other ideas: Remove the engine cover (it weighs 4.5 lbs). Don't fill your tank up past 3/4 full (gas weighs 6.3 lbs per gallon).
yeah the ones I have now are 30lb in the front and 31lb in the rear for each one. I'm definitely going to have to look for a lighter wheel and maybe drop down to a 19 if i can find a good summer tire that will hook w/o having to warm it up beforehand. The engine cover is off, going to remove the rear seats, replace the cloth front seats for some light bucket seats, and now that you mention it run some lighter rotors. I try to always make runs with less than half a tank which definitely helps.

OP
OP

Guzman_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6 speed
There's a lot of "Ok" advice on this thread but let's go back to basics. Why are you so against boost? Even if your only building a show car boost will make you faster than most and look good under the hood for the shows. I run twins on my gt at low boost, smoke most cars (everything that has tried to F with me so far since boost) Plus DDs great and gets my daughter and me wherever we may need to go. FYI, my suspension is stock pp1 with 74k miles on it. Only upgrades are new bilstein rear shocks and steeda braces. And my car rocks cocomelon and kids bop on the regular...
Lucky you, it's Miss Rachel and Paw Patrol in mine with my daughter. I've definitely considered boost but only twin turbos. hellion seems to be the logical answer but 9k is a bit steep right now. Is there any other kit you would recommend? also what size tires are you running with boost and brand?

OP
OP

Guzman_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6 speed
If I recall the pp1 wheels are around 33lbs lol. You could go wider and lighter with something like the p51 and they are 21-22 lbs. Light weight drive shaft also will reduce parasitic hp loss to the wheels.
I'm thinking of upgrading the driveshaft to a one-piece carbon fiber or aluminum shaft once I start upgrading the cradle

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Lucky you, it's Miss Rachel and Paw Patrol in mine with my daughter. I've definitely considered boost but only twin turbos. hellion seems to be the logical answer but 9k is a bit steep right now. Is there any other kit you would recommend? also what size tires are you running with boost and brand?
I'm running the hellion kit so I couldn't give a good opinion on any other kit. The hellion kit is great. Hit up beefcake and see what kind of deal he can work out. I'm only running mine at spring pressure which is about 7.5/ 8 lbs. I'm running factory pp1 wheels so 275/40r19 in the back. I've tried mp4s, 555r2s and indy500s. I like the Indy500s the best and they are the cheapest of the 3 options. I also have 17x10s with 305/45s for when I want to have some real fun. Took me a couple years to put the extra money away to make it happen but well worth it in tbe end.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Hey guys hope this is the right sub forum to post this in. I have a 2018 GT with a stock 6 speed trans and I’m looking to turn it into the best FBO mustang w/o going supercharger or turbos. Ideally I want more of a show car that will look good but can still outrun scat packs easily on rolls and maybe digs so no drag wheels in the back. I know that’s a bit of a tall order.

Here is what I have done to it so far: JLT CAI, e85 tune, 2m Fabrication headers (catless), H-pipe to MBRP exhaust, driver and passenger side catch can, Ford performance short throw shifter

wheels are wrapped in Michelin sport all-season tires 275/35/20
wheels are Revolution Racing RF3
Front; 20”x8.5”x+35
Rear; 20”x10”x+45
As other's have said cams, ported intake or nitrous would definitely help get more power out of it. Really comes down to how bad you're wanting to hurt a Scats feelings.

Could even do a entry level Vortech/ Paxton kit on low boost and make them question getting a Scat Pack haha :crackup:

Feel free to DM me or call with any questions!
Terry "Beefcake" Reeves
- 855-827-7223 -
www.beefcakeracing.com
#beefcakeracing #teambeefcake
Sponsored