Help? SC issues.

Gabefuu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I’ve been having issues with my vmp Odin. And I’ve made logs and sent them to 2 tuners and have been told that the logs look fine. 2 main issues. I feel like the car is having issues with gear changes. Feels like the trans is very inconsistent with the shifts. Also when doing mild accelerating when I push down the pedal(slow steady push) to about 30ish% the throttle would jump from about 30% to about 60%. like it just hits an on switch for the power. Both tunes from different tuners do the same thing, but under different conditions. I’m on my second vmp throttle body. It’s not throwing any codes. Umm... I’m not sure if a maf can cause any of these problems, but I did hit the maf with a old can of maf cleaner. When switching out the throttle body.not sure if a malfunctioning maf would throw a light.. I don’t have any engine lights on so I’m just kind of stuck looking for answers on what may be wrong. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Sponsored

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Sounds like an issue with the bypass valve, maybe it's getting stuck then opening all the sudden. I'm sure there are a few ways to test when it opens, only way to know for sure is a boost gauge

OP
OP

Gabefuu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Sounds like an issue with the bypass valve, maybe it's getting stuck then opening all the sudden. I'm sure there are a few ways to test when it opens, only way to know for sure is a boost gauge
If I remember correctly this problem started just after installing the new vmp throttle body and cleaning the maf... I’m honestly having trouble remember what the car even felt like when it was running good. It’s been so long. 😭

Sponsored

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
I remember hearing issues about aftermarket throttle bodies not working well on the mustangs. Did you buy the tb new? Recently? If the problem started after you added or changed something then I would start there

OP
OP

Gabefuu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I remember hearing issues about aftermarket throttle bodies not working well on the mustangs. Did you buy the tb new? Recently? If the problem started after you added or changed something then I would start there
Yeah. They swapped it for a new one because the one that came with their kit was throwing codes. But now I’m having issues with the new one, but I’m not getting any codes. I’ll try and buy the adapter plate so I can mount the factory tb on the sc. and see how that works out.

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Have u tried Wengerd tuning? I’ve heard he has the Transmission tuning down and has corrected a couple other tuners, tunes.

OP
OP

Gabefuu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Have u tried Wengerd tuning? I’ve heard he has the Transmission tuning down and has corrected a couple other tuners, tunes.
Yeah he’s actually one of the tuners I was working with. His tune worked fine until I swapped throttle body’s. Unfortunately we couldn’t get it working correctly. I’m thinking it may just be something hardware related.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yeah he’s actually one of the tuners I was working with. His tune worked fine until I swapped throttle body’s. Unfortunately we couldn’t get it working correctly. I’m thinking it may just be something hardware related.
You should be able to see most TB problem on a datalog. A good tuner will be able to tell you if the TB is acting up

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I know at least one of the tuners you used is good. so I don’t know why they would not notice if it was not working as designed

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'm guessing its has more to do with the cam timing/bypass when it hits a certain load as your throttle position opens up further. This isn't that uncommon with PD compressors. Many have a little bit dead zone, some more than others.

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
OP any updates ? have you fixed that issue yet ? I'm on my second tuner ( Ortiz ) just flashed the base tune yet the car still shake like a tango dance! vmp wanted me to send the TB but I want to be %100 it's my TB not something else. Probably will send extended logs and decide after! I just don't want vmp to send me another faulty TB! I don't live next door :faceslap:
Sponsored