Sponsored

Hellion tuning issues expert help

Hardmoney07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 pp gt
Hello guys I'm new at this data login and reading the read outs but I'm not new to working on cars. Its having timing issues. My story I have a 2016 mustang GT 16,000 miles on car with a hellion 6266 this kit was for a 2018 after a hot pipe swap it fits great I wanted the oil sump pump I didn't want to tap the oil pan so I went with the 18. I went with the recommended company that hellion uses they seem great just over worked? no real time for anything after 5 months that's right 5 months trying to tune this daily driven car they have gone silent for a month now I'm afraid I'm doing damage to it slowly with it not being completed its slug ish and hesitates like its pulling a boat I attached the recent data log I'm just wondering if it’s safe to keep driving for now till I have the money to have someone else tune it. also I have a Jms BP what do you all recommend setting the input output and switches for this set up without burning up the pump.

the set up

2016 mustang GT 2018 hellion 6266 turbo no cats full 3-inch exhaust DW 95 lbs. fuel injectors ngk plugs gaped at 28 it’s on the stock 7.5 boost running 93 octane JMS BP NOT HOOKED UP yet but doesn’t seem to need it yet once I figure out the setting ill turn it on.
Sponsored

Attachments

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hit up Palm Beach Dyno for tuning, they'll get you squared away. Make sure there are no boost leaks first though.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Does the car feel better if you don't go WOT but maybe like 80%?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Hardmoney07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 pp gt
If I stay under 3000 rpm it drives like stock but soon as the boost hits you can feel it struggling for awhile then it frees up and feels normal and then struggles again it’s off and on after 3000 rpm

OP
OP

Hardmoney07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 pp gt
If I stay under 3000 rpm it drives like stock but soon as the boost hits you can feel it struggling for awhile then it frees up and feels normal and then struggles again it’s off and on after 3000 rpm
Even if I ease into it same thing throttle angle makes no difference

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Have you tried doing a crank position relearn?

OP
OP

Hardmoney07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 pp gt
Have you tried doing a crank position relearn?
Yeah it’s 100% a crappy tune incomplete I just need to know off that data long how bad is it it’s my only car will it explode lol if I keep driving it taking it easy till I can afford to pay more money to have someone else fine tune it

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
You are missing about 16-18* of timing at WOT. The ECU is going into OSCMOD, this is to reduce drive line fore/aft shuffle, but instead of pulling a few degrees and doing its OSMOD thing with torque you usually don't notice, its just getting rid of all the timing and starting at 0. Determining whats the cause of the shuffle it could be anything from pinion angle to a failing crank position sensor. In the tune is should be pretty easy to just disable it.

Probably wont blow up, you don't have cats to worry about. Hard to tell how its going to do just driving it around point A to B, but definitely get it corrected asap before doing much more WOT as highly retarded timing usually leads to bad combustion and fuel making its way into the exhaust, increasing exhaust temps, possibly damaging exhaust components, valves, or turbos .

Sponsored
OP
OP

Hardmoney07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 pp gt
You are missing about 16-18* of timing at WOT. The ECU is going into OSCMOD, this is to reduce drive line fore/aft shuffle, but instead of pulling a few degrees and doing its OSMOD thing with torque you usually don't notice, its just getting rid of all the timing and starting at 0. Determining whats the cause of the shuffle it could be anything from pinion angle to a failing crank position sensor. In the tune is should be pretty easy to just disable it.

Probably wont blow up, you don't have cats to worry about. Hard to tell how its going to do just driving it around point A to B, but definitely get it corrected asap before doing much more WOT as highly retarded timing usually leads to bad combustion and fuel making its way into the exhaust, increasing exhaust temps, possibly damaging exhaust components, valves, or turbos .
Wow I did notice black carbon in the up pipe I figured it was from a rich tune this was at the beginning of the install I was kinda surprised to have that already lol who do you recommend to remote tune this ?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Pinion angle?

16TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium/Auto, Oxford/Redline
I've got a Hellion twin kit on my 16 too. When I first got it running it had spark blowout issues until I closed the plug gaps to around .022-.024. You might be having some issues with that big of a gap.

OP
OP

Hardmoney07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 pp gt
I've got a Hellion twin kit on my 16 too. When I first got it running it had spark blowout issues until I closed the plug gaps to around .022-.024. You might be having some issues with that big of a gap.
Hmm I thought about lowering it everyone said .28 hellion and the tuner company I can try dropping to .24 and see if that helps with the dialing in on the tune are you running a jms bp or return system or just stock

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Lund tunes mine and it was driving nearly perfectly on just the base map. That's who I'd recommend for tuning a Hellion car.

Your logs are showing 0-4 degrees of timing at WOT, which is definitely not what your tuner is asking for. Seems like a mechanical issue for sure.
Sponsored