Sponsored

Help picking all season tires

bonomo53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So after almost wrapping my car around a tree with 45 degree temps I decided its time for new tires. I will not be driving in deep snow so that is not a concern. Looking for a tire that will be good in dry,wet and low temps. I've been looking at both Michelin Pilot Sport A/s3 and Continental Extreme contact DWS 06 but cant make up my mind. What would you go with? Also even when its warm out i still seem to spin on the stock Pirellis. Will these tires be better then the stock Pirellis even when its warm out?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So after almost wrapping my car around a tree with 45 degree temps I decided its time for new tires. I will not be driving in deep snow so that is not a concern. Looking for a tire that will be good in dry,wet and low temps. I've been looking at both Michelin Pilot Sport A/s3 and Continental Extreme contact DWS 06 but cant make up my mind. What would you go with? Also even when its warm out i still seem to spin on the stock Pirellis. Will these tires be better then the stock Pirellis even when its warm out?
Either of those will be significantly better in cold and/or wet conditions than the P-zero. They will not be as good as the P-zero in 75 deg+ weather. Do you plan on being able to drive in any snow at all? Will these be your only set of tires?

If you can, I would get a performance winter tire for Nov - Apr and keep the summers for May- Oct. The Michelin PSS are better than the P-zero in the warm/dry, better in the rain and don't get scary in the cold. I've driven on them in ~30 deg dry weather (not this car, though), and didn't feel the tires being a problem.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I vote for dws. I went through 2 full Toronto winters on 19s lowered and had 0 issues at all. Great tire even did some acceleration runs on snow and they grip :headbang: 275/30/19 and 245/35/19 fronts. hate to admit it but because the wheels were lighter than the hRes I had on for summer.. the car drove better with the winters on :frusty:

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Both are an amazing choice

the Conti DWS06 is a very popular great bang for the buck all season tire ! I normally wrap up alot of the Audi RS vehicles for winter setups with the DWS tires and clients lvoe them and report nothing but great stuff about them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bonomo53

bonomo53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks for the responses. One more question i read that the dws have soft sidewalls. Would this be an issue with NY potholes and not having a spare?

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Thanks for the responses. One more question i read that the dws have soft sidewalls. Would this be an issue with NY potholes and not having a spare?
There's a lot of factors that come into play. Weight of the car, suspension stiffness, weight of the rims, tire pressure among a few but I personally never found them very soft. They have a deeper tread from new and have sipes etc on the outer depth of the rubber so they might 'feel' softer. If you're worried about bending a wheel from potholes pump the tires up higher. Might ride worse but it'll save the wheels

Last edited:

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Keep in mind this is a all season tire which means the compound material is tougher so Im certain youll be good, keep in mind though no tire is prone to popping if you hit something at the right speed or angle.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The DWS does have a little bit softer sidewall than many of its competitors. This isn't a durability concern at all, but it just is less responsive to steering input.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
DWS's are soft but they are cheaper. If you want a more sporty ride, you can choose the Michelin Pilot Sport A/s Plus. I think the AS plus does better in deep snow than DWS.

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
I live at about 4600 ft. elevation and pulled the P-zero's about a month ago and went with the DWS 06's in 275/35/20 on stock 20" foundry wheels. Dry weather traction is not as good, but in the rain, they're way better. No snow yet so we'll see how that goes.
Sponsored