Sponsored

Best all season tires

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
What is everyone's favorite all season tire that fits the performance pack GT? Need to get a set before the weather changes. Currently looking at the three below:

Michelin Pilot A/S 3

Continental DWS

Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S
Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I bought some Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 tires from my local tire shop, not because they were the cheapest, but because they had the highest treadwear warranty of any of the tires that they carry (better than Goodyear, Cooper, and Falken). A little noisier than the Pirelli P Zeores, but I haven't noticed any difference while driving the car with them other than a little more tire noise. 55k treadwear warranty.

I also have a friend with a '15 V6 automatic and 18" wheels. His car came from the factory with the same tires (Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2), so Ford obviously endorses them :thumbsup:

TheGrayRider

Huh...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Black
Michelin Pilot A/S 3

Put these on last December before heading out on a road trip. Had them in some snow thru Reno and northern Nevada without any issues.

Went up in size, Rear 285/40 Front 265/40.

Rides much nicer and hooks better. Sold the stockers....

I have seen .94 corners and .75 launch and brake with them. I had planned on using them in the winter for our road trips and left them on. They are wearing real well, about 15000 miles on them and they still look real good. I thought they would wear faster not being able to rotate but they are doing good..

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
I've got 11K miles on my Continental DWS tires and the tread looks almost new. They are quieter than the P-Zeros and have great traction wet or dry. Haven't tried snow yet.

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
What is everyone's favorite all season tire that fits the performance pack GT? Need to get a set before the weather changes. Currently looking at the three below:

Michelin Pilot A/S 3

Continental DWS

Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S

All three are amazing
You have them in the exact order id go with.

GetYourWheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GetYourWheels.com
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
GT350R / Tesla Model 3P
You'll likely be happiest with the Michelin AS3s
The new DWS06 are a close second!

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
You'll likely be happiest with the Michelin AS3s
The new DWS06 are a close second!
Both these tires can handle more than what most people will dish out. I enjoy pushing the curves. With my summer tires I would see 1.1+G lateral driving the backroads to work & back. With the DWS tires the back start breaking loose a bit going above 1.0G lateral. My summer tires were less than 2/32 tread on all 4 tires at only 13k miles. With 11k miles on my DWS they still look newish.

The Pilot Sports are a better performance tire than the DWS but they will end up costing you a lot more than that of the DWS due to higher cost & wearing out quicker.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Michelin Pilot A/S 3

Put these on last December before heading out on a road trip. Had them in some snow thru Reno and northern Nevada without any issues.

Went up in size, Rear 285/40 Front 265/40.

Rides much nicer and hooks better. Sold the stockers....

I have seen .94 corners and .75 launch and brake with them. I had planned on using them in the winter for our road trips and left them on. They are wearing real well, about 15000 miles on them and they still look real good. I thought they would wear faster not being able to rotate but they are doing good..
Much better than suckadickrelli's huh? Definitely ordering a pair then unless I go for winter tires and then Michelin Super Sport summer tires

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Michelins by a large margin in my experience. Wife cut down a tire on our '12 about a year and a half ago; she was in a smaller town in AZ and the only tires they had in stock that were the right size were the Continentals so I told her to go ahead and get them since they had decent reviews. I hated these tires the second I drove on them. They tramline terribly bad! I kept them for two weeks at the most and dumped them for the Michelin PS AS3s. What a difference! We were living in Lake Arrowhead CA at the time (SoCal mountains) and they hooked up so much better in every aspect. Minimal tramlining, quieter, more comfortable, MUCH better in wet weather, and more grip all the way around. I also had the AS2s on my GTO and got 49k on the back tires (not living in the mountains at that time). I drive very aggressive but not abusive.

Sponsored
OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys I really appreciate it! Great information. I'll probably end up going with the Michelins even though their a little more. Just need to get some before it gets too cold here in Pittsburgh

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Dws do better in snow but have less dry and wet grip. As3 has better dry and wet and less snow grip. If you get a decent amount of snow every winter id get dws. I love both sets.

OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dws do better in snow but have less dry and wet grip. As3 has better dry and wet and less snow grip. If you get a decent amount of snow every winter id get dws. I love both sets.
Good to know. Will definitely consider that when making my purchase thank you

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I had the conti extremes on my s197 daily driver and it handled 6 inch of snow no problem in a car with 300+ horsepower going to the rear wheels. I'd give the conti's two thumbs up.:thumbsup::thumbsup: