Sponsored

Help me in choosing my next mustang, gt or ecoboost?

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
32-36mpg highway in my eb. 3.31 gears 6 speed manual, 25-27 city flooring it around
I wish I could get 25-27 in the city flooring it. I only get 19-21 and I never go all out, I'm actually a pretty conservative driver in my own mind. Any tips?
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I could get 25-27 in the city flooring it. I only get 19-21 and I never go all out, I'm actually a pretty conservative driver in my own mind. Any tips?
I honestly love the handling/driving/torque of my Ecoboost for daily driving, I do not speed, I just rush up to 65/70 onto highway most the time, sometimes I play around here and there. but im conservative and I like my music more than my exhaust, but. the HKS I reallllly love. my car is quite loud, but when im cursing, I can't hear it on highway.

Ive had gt's beside me as im cruising, they rev it, and it wakes the dead, one creeped up beside me and floored it, and scared the hell out of me. the sound bounced off the concrete dividers and all, clearly a GT with zero cats, and full exhaust. I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW LOUD IT WAS. It was super awesome sounding, but it was as startling as a damn train horn imo.

really made me jump.- as cool as that loud exhaust is, I like my quiet cruiser as its my summer daily.

my gf recorded this, she is not a car person but she did record Lol. I like my eco exhaust.

Last edited:

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
I haven't driven an EB, but my last 3 cars were G37X's, (3.7L V6) an Acura TL (3.2L V6) before that, then a 98 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T. (2.0L Turbo 4). So I'm not trying to be a V8 snob. I know there are many ways to make a car fun to drive. I loved the sound of my G's. 7,000 rpm and a dynamite factory exhaust. But after spending time with the Coyote, mated with in my case a Roush non-baffled exhaust. I can't imagine having this car any other way.

With the A10, I can (after a rather hellooooo boys and girls cold start) drive around rather unobtrusively. On the highway I've seen 29ish mpg for perfect stretches. OR.... you can unleash the beast. Wouldn't shock me with the lighter engine if the EB was better balanced. I'm sure it's very efficient and not knocking fellow Mustang owners for their choice. But make sure to drive both. Everyone has their budgets, but there IS "something" about a V8 that stirs the soul. I can't dollarize it, but it's worth the extra gas money in my opinion.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I honestly love the handling/driving/torque of my Ecoboost for daily driving, I do not speed, I just rush up to 65/70 onto highway most the time, sometimes I play around here and there. but im conservative and I like my music more than my exhaust, but. the HKS I reallllly love. my car is quite loud, but when im cursing, I can't hear it on highway.
Your Mustang sounds very nice. Mine has the active exhaust, and I like being able to switch up the sound whenever. Still trying to get used to the torque, especially when maneuvering through parking lots and residential streets. But yeah, I also LOVE how my car handles and drives!

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Having the turbo on the Ecoboost means that it's only going to eat fuel when driving in boost, otherwise you're going to see usual 4 cylinder fuel mileage. When driving mine easy, I regularly see 24 mpg city and 34 mpg highway. However, if I'm driving it to it's limits I've seen as low as single digit mpg.
That explains a lot, I'm a leadfoot

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Your Mustang sounds very nice. Mine has the active exhaust, and I like being able to switch up the sound whenever. Still trying to get used to the torque, especially when maneuvering through parking lots and residential streets. But yeah, I also LOVE how my car handles and drives!
if you don’t have the steeda clutch spring get it

I was having issues driving it, I couldn’t shift for shit. Couldn’t feel the catch point or anything

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
if you don’t have the steeda clutch spring get it

I was having issues driving it, I couldn’t shift for shit. Couldn’t feel the catch point or anything
I'd suggest against it.

The clutch spring doesn't give any additional feedback. It just makes the pedal effort higher.

I had it, took it out and put the OEM spring back in.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'd suggest against it.

The clutch spring doesn't give any additional feedback. It just makes the pedal effort higher.

I had it, took it out and put the OEM spring back in.
I guess, I’ve had nothing but heavy clutch cars. When I got in mustang it felt like a pillow. Never had any feeling.

I like hard pedals I guess. Switching back fourth between cars gave me issue lol I couldn’t even feel my clutch having prsssure after switching from another car thought clutch was broke

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I guess, I’ve had nothing but heavy clutch cars. When I got in mustang it felt like a pillow. Never had any feeling.

I like hard pedals I guess. Switching back fourth between cars gave me issue lol I couldn’t even feel my clutch having prsssure after switching from another car thought clutch was broke
If you think the pedal is light in your 2017 car, you should try a 2018+ car. 1/2 the effort. It's why I traded my 2016 in on a 2019, had to get that lighter clutch pedal.

Heavy clutches suck. Ruins the driving experience.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
If you think the pedal is light in your 2017 car, you should try a 2018+ car. 1/2 the effort. It's why I traded my 2016 in on a 2019, had to get that lighter clutch pedal.

Heavy clutches suck. Ruins the driving experience.
But I like the stiffness. Lol I hatedddddd that floaty feel. With heavier clutch, I feel exact clutch point. I was just kinda guessing. Couldn’t really get it down muscle memory

Sponsored

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
...I forgot to mention I have the A10 in my EcoBoost. Which makes my lower overall gas mileage all the more baffling. (Maybe it's because I do zero highway driving since everything is about 10-15, maybe 20 minutes away from my house.)

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
...I forgot to mention I have the A10 in my EcoBoost. Which makes my lower overall gas mileage all the more baffling. (Maybe it's because I do zero highway driving since everything is about 10-15, maybe 20 minutes away from my house.)
Yeah, hit the highway set the cruise and get to your MPG monitor and see what you get after a decent stretch. With it sitting in 10th gear not adding or subtracting much throttle for a bit you’ll see what it’s capable of. What actually happens when your foot needs to be happy, well....

mtrout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Hello and to begin with, I have to admit that I am new to these pony or muscles cars that came from the US I'm more of a JDM type of guy but this month I'm planning to have my first mustang since it is available here in the Philippines but I'm torn between choosing a 2nd hand mustang s550 v8 6at with performance pack (2015-2017) or a brand new ecoboost s550 with the ten speed also with the performance pack (2021), upon researching and comparing the two I am unable to arrive to a decision since I live in a community with hellish type condition of traffic I saw the eco boost as a more feasible car and I can just compensate the performance with a 97 octane gasoline but of course a mustang should always have a v8 soul and I presume the mustang with the v8 will be a experience that I will cherish for a lifetime so with this, considering the fuel, maintenance and feasibility of such I need your expert opinions and experience and hopefully this month I could join this community of mustang owners. Thankyou very much in advance
I've driven both, so the decision would be easy for me. The ecoboost has the right numbers, but the sound is awful (and there's nothing in the aftermarket that will make it right). But if I were in your position--especially because I sense this will be an important decision for you--I'd wait for a manual V8. All I can say is that I almost always went the direction of the smallest motor available in a Mustang--going back to the very first 1964-1/2--choosing various 4- and 6-cylinder engines, and a few turbos, until I finally saw the light and bought a 4.6 in the early 90's. I've never looked back, and now regret all the years I spent trying to make those non-V8s sound and drive like actual V8s. I'm making up for lost time, now, with a GT350. Good luck in your quest.

rbkennedy1950

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Not even close, get the V8. The EcoBoost has to work too hard to produce the HP it puts out and it will wear out quicker.

Rugerman1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GMCSerria
Hello and to begin with, I have to admit that I am new to these pony or muscles cars that came from the US I'm more of a JDM type of guy but this month I'm planning to have my first mustang since it is available here in the Philippines but I'm torn between choosing a 2nd hand mustang s550 v8 6at with performance pack (2015-2017) or a brand new ecoboost s550 with the ten speed also with the performance pack (2021), upon researching and comparing the two I am unable to arrive to a decision since I live in a community with hellish type condition of traffic I saw the eco boost as a more feasible car and I can just compensate the performance with a 97 octane gasoline but of course a mustang should always have a v8 soul and I presume the mustang with the v8 will be a experience that I will cherish for a lifetime so with this, considering the fuel, maintenance and feasibility of such I need your expert opinions and experience and hopefully this month I could join this community of mustang owners. Thankyou very much in advance
Can't beat the sound of a V8
Sponsored