Sponsored

Help me in choosing my next mustang, gt or ecoboost?

Wylie C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
with my 18 GT I'm getting between 17 and 20 in the city and 25 to 28 hwy depending on speed
and if it's stock it only needs 87 octane
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
with my 18 GT I'm getting between 17 and 20 in the city and 25 to 28 hwy depending on speed
32-36mpg highway in my eb. 3.31 gears 6 speed manual, 25-27 city flooring it around

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
They're both fun capable cars. For me, it was what sound I wanted to hear and coming from (and tired of) a 4 banger, the choice was easy. A co worker has an ecoboost and he's driven me around and it's a great car. He spent less on performance and more on comfort, I went the other way but the differences aren't really that big imo.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
:surprised:
87?!?!?!?! :surprised:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
32-36mpg highway in my eb. 3.31 gears 6 speed manual, 25-27 city flooring it around
Turbo 4's are great like that, drive like a pissed off teenager all day averaging 30mpg. Do that in my GT and average falls 15ish lol

Sponsored

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
@bnightstar
what happen to the car that looks like fixable demage or at least in Europe we have seen way worse fixed up to be sold ?
Yeah, that was my anticipation, too. I did not even remove the license plates from the car before it being towed away, because I was honestly expecting that the car can and will be fixed.

But apparently, it's a common practice here in the US that once the airbags deploy, the car is deemed a total loss—no matter what the damage is. Maybe it's because the cost of labor is so high here, maybe it's because it would take too much extensive diagnostic to figure out what's broken internally. (Who knows what was affected by the crash, it may not only be external damage.)

Now the car is sitting somewhere in the auction lot in California, waiting to be sold. Once someone buys it, they're free to put efforts in restoring it or tearing apart for spares. But the insurance already paid off my bank loan, so I don't care that much. (Apart of missing it, for sure.)

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Used V8

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Now the car is sitting somewhere in the auction lot in California, waiting to be sold. Once someone buys it, they're free to put efforts in restoring it or tearing apart for spares. But the insurance already paid off my bank loan, so I don't care that much. (Apart of missing it, for sure.)
Thanks for following up it's a gorgeous car looks great the damage is a bit much mostly because of the headlamp (this fuckers are crazy expensive). Maybe worth it getting it from the lot and fixing in Bulgaria for a summer convertible :). Here most of the Mustang's are from a lot in the States and yours don't look that bad. Glad you are ok and everything is sorted insurance wise. Go get your next Mustang soon.

OP
OP

Roice

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
Is350 F sport, Accord 3.5, brz
Thankyou very much for the replies and suggestions guys I appreciate it, seems that the v8 suggestion is more profound here, welp I think I shall be affirming my decision with it and needless to say this car is for my weekend cruiser only so yep I need to prep myself now lol

Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Get whatever you like and can afford. Some of us like the v8 and others like the eco.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Get whatever you like and can afford. Some of us like the v8 and others like the eco.
what's more fuel efficient? I get the turbo was added, to add more torque/power. but I know turbos can eat fuel.

I have to imagine the v6 gets pretty comparable or actually better mpg, just with a little less power.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
^ if you daily your car then that should be something to consider yes...

I don't really know about the fuel efficiency diff on the v6, Eco, and gt

I drive my beat up Honda Accord to work and back and run a lot of errands in it so $20 to fill it up vs $40+ on the gt. Mustang is just for enjoyment. I would be broke if that was my daily tbh. I drive a lot so...

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
I'd split the advantages and go with a 2018 GT Premium. Then if you want to mod it as you go, do that. This will give you the A10 for the best mileage when cruising, allow someone else to take the major depreciation hit and you get a "real" Mustang complete with V8 rumble. There are still 2018's out there with bumper to bumper warranty left, where you can get an extended Ford Warranty (recommend Flood Ford unless anyone else has found consistently better pricing for true Ford Warranty) before the original warranty expires.

77Highboy77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
what's more fuel efficient? I get the turbo was added, to add more torque/power. but I know turbos can eat fuel.

I have to imagine the v6 gets pretty comparable or actually better mpg, just with a little less power.
Having the turbo on the Ecoboost means that it's only going to eat fuel when driving in boost, otherwise you're going to see usual 4 cylinder fuel mileage. When driving mine easy, I regularly see 24 mpg city and 34 mpg highway. However, if I'm driving it to it's limits I've seen as low as single digit mpg.
Sponsored