luca1290

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Ordered the part to the Ford dealer that didn't know you can repair the pigtail with an OE solution instead of replacing the fullharness.
Some 30€, it is in Köln now, will take a few days to arrive in Milano.

I will post the picture of the repair when done. Thank you all.

Edit: really, they wanted to do a warranty claim and change some 300€ if not more of harness, dismount a lot of things around the engine just for a plug :crackup:.
And somebody asks why I don't trust dealers....
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Kind of embarrassing that left the factory that way.....but luckily its a pretty easy fix. If I had to guess, the wiring harness got damaged at some point before it was installed into the vehicle, but they didn't have any spares so it was supposed to be pulled after coming off the line for a repair. For whatever reason that did not happen (probably because it started and drove fine and the note was under the hood lol).

Gotta love post covid manufacturing.

Stallone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Premium 2017
@luca1290
The thing with the dealers is such a thing, but you clearly have the wrong one
happy weekend

OP
OP
luca1290

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Yesterday the pigtail arrived and I could make the repair.
Looks as good as new. Only thing I'm dissatisfied it's the wire gauge: on the spare pigtail it's three times bigger than the original one (it's 1.5mm2 vs 0.5mm2) and it puts some strain on the original wire also because it's a tough cable.

I ended up taping it with automotive cabling tape to a nearby cabling that was already fixed to the valve cover in two places to relieve the repair from mechanical stress.

IMG_0622.JPG

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
Yesterday the pigtail arrived and I could make the repair.
Looks as good as new. Only thing I'm dissatisfied it's the wire gauge: on the spare pigtail it's three times bigger than the original one (it's 1.5mm2 vs 0.5mm2) and it puts some strain on the original wire also because it's a tough cable.

I ended up taping it with automotive cabling tape to a nearby cabling that was already fixed to the valve cover in two places to relieve the repair from mechanical stress.

IMG_0622.JPG
Looks great, and good piece of mind. Cabling tape is good stuff. I’m more of a zip tie guy, but only because I’m cheap and lazy. :giggle:
Sponsored