Help me find the noise

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Dude, what F1 said. that could be air leaking backwards across the check valve at the brake booster or a leak at break booster. Booster holds decent volume so a small leak might sound like that on shut down.
Warm it up and get it to make noise, then disconnect brake booster by unplugging the hose w check valve. Valve is in the fitting that plugs into booster cylinder.
The suspense is killing me.
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
So... get this figured out yet?

I’m curious to know the outcome!!!

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I went to get my cat deletes installed today and my exhaust guy said that he doesnt think that he can weld the flange on without possibly having leaks, and he won't remove the driver side manifold to get a better angle on it. In other news, I went to a nearby shop and am just getting my cats gutted as we speak.

Hopefully it is your cats OP.
Tell your guy the flange gets welded on the inside,not the outside,so its not really that bad.It does take a little straighting of the manifold wheir u cut the factory cat off at

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Tell your guy the flange gets welded on the inside,not the outside,so its not really that bad.It does take a little straighting of the manifold wheir u cut the factory cat off at
I've already sold the cat deletes but I'll keep it in mind if I ever buy more. I feel like it was an excuse to avoid taking off my cats though honestly.

OP
OP
smann

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I got my cat deletes welded as well without issue. People are a little hesitant to install because you have to cut.. But anyways, I still have not figured out the noise. Not related to my brakes either.. Double checked that.

Just got back from my vacation yesterday and I'll do some more digging to find it!

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Has the noise changed any with anything you’ve done?

It would drive me nuts!

OP
OP
smann

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Its been driving me nuts!
Its embarrassing as hell too because my car looks sexy until you hear that dreaded noise lol

Sound hasn't changed.. Still think its coming from under the car. Going to put it on jacks, take the plastic cover off that holds the bumper and try to pinpoint the sound today

OP
OP
smann

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
OK I am 100% positive the noise is coming from either inside the transmission or above or in the direct proximity on the DRIVER side. I doubt its inside the transmisson but I don't know either.
Are there any vacuum lines or any sort or air lines that run there that I could check??

Last edited:
OP
OP
smann

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Heres an up close of the sound.. Directly coming from this area

OP
OP
smann

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
This happened IMMEDIATELY after I got a smoke test and a steeda clutch spring put in. It did not happen before.. Not sure why the fuck its happening though and its driving me insane!

Sponsored
OP
OP
smann

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The little gap beside the transmission on the driver side of the car .

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
You sure holding or pumping the brake when shutting it off makes no difference? The brake booster is right above it..

OP
OP
smann

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I tried holding it and it still makes that sound .Just about to leave the gym now I'll try pupping it once I'm in car again.

OP
OP
smann

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yup even if I pump it, still same noise .
Sponsored