help identify this mustang

Bit_the_Bullitt

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yes, because I could afford it. If not, I would have had no issue getting an Ecoboost with performance pack. I was originally intending to do so but found myself getting a much better deal on trade than I expected at a dealer that had a Bullitt for under MSRP.

I also don't look down on people that still rock a 3.8L v6. V8 driver or not I'm not an elitist asshole. There is NO reason to be ashamed of buying a car that fits your budget.
Today's hp wars make you think that cars back then were super underpowered. I remember later 2000s a car with mid-200s hp was impressive.
I've been watching old Top Gear and it's funny watch them swoon over "supercar" with 450bhp, when we daily drive our Bullitts at 480hp. I know there's a difference in bhp and hp, but still, hp is being pushed further and further!

Advertisement

Schwerin

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Today's hp wars make you think that cars back then were super underpowered. I remember later 2000s a car with mid-200s hp was impressive.
I've been watching old Top Gear and it's funny watch them swoon over "supercar" with 450bhp, when we daily drive our Bullitts at 480hp. I know there's a difference in bhp and hp, but still, hp is being pushed further and further!
Improved nannies help a lot with that too.

vanquishvzla

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
I like my mustangs like i like my truck.... V8....

It's funny to read all the drama about the 4 cylinder turbo, and power and "looking down" on people blah blah blah... nothing against 4 cyl turbo engines.... I have a wrx and an sti too lol... but again... first line ^^^

88lx50

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
What's wrong with an EcoBoost? It's more HP and TQ, and responds better to mods than any NA pre-5.0 v8.

In 2003 310hp and 330TQ was a "man's car" suddenly now that a 4 banger is able to make that much it's for pussies?
It's not a bad motor but the exhaust note is awful.

Oryx

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Back when a car had 200 HP, they didn't weigh 3800-4000 lbs either.
I still think they should have put the 3.5L eco boost from the F150 into the mustang - that's the way that they should have released the EB mustang in my opinion. That would have been the hottest modded car on the street - easy to tune another 150+HP with a slightly bigger turbo and some fuel - might have killed the V8 though.

Schwerin

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Back when a car had 200 HP, they didn't weigh 3800-4000 lbs either.
I still think they should have put the 3.5L eco boost from the F150 into the mustang - that's the way that they should have released the EB mustang in my opinion. That would have been the hottest modded car on the street - easy to tune another 150+HP with a slightly bigger turbo and some fuel - might have killed the V8 though.
Yeah that would be the issue. The 3.0TT EB is already at 400HP, it would NOT be a lot more to toss a good tune, and some breathing mods to be over the GT'460 and Bullitt/Mach1 480, likely with better TQ to go with it. Just a tune and FMIC they are rolling deep 12's, weight more than a Mustang, and have that crap auto.

Advertisement

15 - Steeda - 5

Advertisement