Sponsored

help, I need to access this paint chip

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Hi all, what's the easiest way to loosen or move the edge of the front bumper so I can touch-up paint this chip without the paint sticking to the bottom.
I tried touching it up with tape in between but the fitment is too tight. Is there an easy way I can loosen or nudge the corner of the front bumper down or to the side? If there is, how do I access the necessary bolts/nuts to loosen it and where exactly are they located?
By the way this chip seems to be on a lot of s550s, either in the rears or the front so check yours if you haven't.
This is not my picture, but someone else's on the forum who has the exact same chip and issue.

chip3.jpg
Sponsored

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
I have a similar chip too. I suspect mine came chipped from the factory - since I bought it brand new.

I know the drive for perfect paint...but I don't know if its worth it taking off the front bumper for access... I was thinking about just touching it up and being very careful and doing a very thin layer to start. I guess the problem is gravity is working against you

OP
OP
Albertcado

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
I have a similar chip too. I suspect mine came chipped from the factory - since I bought it brand new.

I know the drive for perfect paint...but I don't know if its worth it taking off the front bumper for access... I was thinking about just touching it up and being very careful and doing a very thin layer to start. I guess the problem is gravity is working against you
That's what I want to do, I have Dr. Colorchip paint from a old chip on the hood I fixed and fine tip painters brushes. I just want to loosen that corner of the bumper momentarily and maybe pull the corner down just enough where I can paint the chip without the bottom touching. just not sure how to loosen whatever is keeping that corner snug.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
There is a small bolt (7mm?) Holding the bumper and fender together. You have to remove most the wheel liner to get to it. Search YouTube for an s550 front bumper removal and you'll see what I'm referring to.
Sponsored