Sponsored

Help choosing a BOV / bypass valve

BoostedYote11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
2011 mustang GT running a Novi 2200SL.
Have the stock bypass valve currently and getting major flutter after WOT pulls so I'm looking at replacing the unit so I don't wreck my blower.

I've been searching for YouTube videos but it's limited and I'm not getting a great idea of what they all sound like.

I'm considering the BV57, sounded good in one video I found, but not sure if it'll work on Low boost applications (I'm running 8 PSI).

So I am looking for recommendations and /or videos of BOVs you guys are running.

I prefer a more "sleeper car" approach, I really don't want the car making a high pitched whistle under low throttle.

I'm ok with it being really loud after WOT pulls because at that point it's too late anyway ;)

You guys have any recommendations? Example videos?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Therealmattlex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I had great results with the Tial Q I ran. It was really loud all the time. I'm not sure if they're all that loud, but no surge.

ToughSpecs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Edge
BV57 is a good option if you don’t want it too loud. Yes, it gets louder as the boost builds when you are off or partial throttle, but it’s nothing bad.

OP
OP

BoostedYote11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
BV57 is a good option if you don’t want it too loud. Yes, it gets louder as the boost builds when you are off or partial throttle, but it’s nothing bad.
That's good news and seems to line up with what I heard on some videos. Can it be used on my setup only running 8lbs or do they have a minimum?

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I have a tial Q on my procharged 15 mustang. I did use a supercharger spring in it.
I have seen people use the knock off tial bov on eBay and it works perfectly. Not sure I want to use it but it does work

Sponsored

OP
OP

BoostedYote11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
It will work fine running 8psi.
I emailed vortech this morning when I made this post and they replied "The BV57 is more for race applications and not for under 15 psi."

But I got the distinct feeling whoever replied doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground? Are you sure it will work? I may call tomorrow and see if I get someone who can confirm.

Therealmattlex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Any large BOV with the correct spring in it should work. On a supercharged car the BOV should be open when almost any vacuum is present. The only issue I've had is with BOVs that are to small and can't dump the air quick enough when they open, I've gotten compressor surge. I can't imagine dumping to fast could cause any issues when.

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I emailed vortech this morning when I made this post and they replied "The BV57 is more for race applications and not for under 15 psi."

But I got the distinct feeling whoever replied doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground? Are you sure it will work? I may call tomorrow and see if I get someone who can confirm.
Yes it will work fine.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Bv57 is freaking huge, make sure you have the room. Procharger red race is more compact.

20220113_224759.jpg

Sponsored

mangosmoothie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Boolet
I have a tial Q on my procharged 15 mustang. I did use a supercharger spring in it.
I have seen people use the knock off tial bov on eBay and it works perfectly. Not sure I want to use it but it does work
great to hear. I ordered a knockoff tial to try out and see if I like the sound. if it works… might as well keep it. Seems low risk to try lol