Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
But on the street on 15 psi its just plain nasty compared to the blower.
I was going to ask you how do the turbos feel compared to a centrifugal. I had a procharger on mine now going turbo. And someone told me it feels similar. Now I have driven a few turbo cars but with way smaller turbos. So I can't compare. Thanks

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was going to ask you how do the turbos feel compared to a centrifugal. I had a procharger on mine now going turbo. And someone told me it feels similar. Now I have driven a few turbo cars but with way smaller turbos. So I can't compare. Thanks
Look at my dyno graph on the bottom of page 1. That shows you just how nasty and hard the power comes in compared to a centri car.

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
Look at my dyno graph on the bottom of page 1. That shows you just how nasty and hard the power comes in compared to a centri car.
Yeah i looked at and seen other turbo car dyno sheets. I knew he was full of B.S. I guess my real question was imo centrifugal are not that fun on the street. I was very disappointed with the procharger. And wanted to know if the turbos were more for the street. A lot people say PD blowers are the most fun for street.

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah i looked at and seen other turbo car dyno sheets. I knew he was full of B.S. I guess my real question was imo centrifugal are not that fun on the street. I was very disappointed with the procharger. And wanted to know if the turbos were more for the street. A lot people say PD blowers are the most fun for street.
Centri cars feels like a big power NA car. Turbo have a little lag but they come on on so hard in the midrange that it makes it fun but its a big hit of power. Id agree PD blower could be fun for a dedicated street car. I just have always been a turbo guy and this centri i had was my first try at it and i cant knock it. The car ran its ass off but it was lacking the Tq.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Love those wheels, and can’t wait to see what you do with this setup. Always fun to watch:thumbsup:

TT15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Yellow GT
U relocated the o2s to the down pipe?

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
U relocated the o2s to the down pipe?
No, they are still in the stock headers like everyone else. My rear o2’s are turned off in the tune so i just unplugged them.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Being that its a turbo setup i knew power would fall off at 6500 with the stock manifold so i told him to stop it around 7000 so no reason to ring it out for just numbers when it peaks at 6500. It was tuned on street logs to 7600 so its solid. No we think its a little bit of valve float since iv been boosted for over a year and the stock springs are a little “tired” if thats what you want to call it. But timing is solid.
Gotcha. Seems like there are a few cars still making power after 6500 on the stock intake manifold with higher boost levels tho. You plan on upgrading springs/retainers or tossing in a new oem set? I bet it freight trains real good at 15psi on the street!

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha. Seems like there are a few cars still making power after 6500 on the stock intake manifold with higher boost levels tho. You plan on upgrading springs/retainers or tossing in a new oem set? I bet it freight trains real good at 15psi on the street!
I’ll do springs when i do a motor. I also talked to Lund and asked him if maybe its just a fluctuation of the wastegates since im just on gate pressure with 14-15psi springs with no precise boost control from a fancy boost controller.

Sponsored

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
maybe its just a fluctuation of the wastegates since im just on gate pressure with 14-15psi springs with no precise boost control from a fancy boost controller.
Man I like this. I too have wondered to just use springs that go to 14-15 psi and be done with it.........no need to spend $400+ for a controller UNLESS you just want that adjustability. Good info.

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man I like this. I too have wondered to just use springs that go to 14-15 psi and be done with it.........no need to spend $400+ for a controller UNLESS you just want that adjustability. Good info.
There are definitely benifits to having one but i just wanted to get it going. I had to change them 2 times before we were done tuning. The other pain was that they are under the car so i had to jack the car up to take them off to
Change the springs. Other than that that its super simple
right now. The car just makes 14-15 psi each time.

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Precision sends enough sorings to make like 28psi with no boost controller lol. I have springs that can make 18 psi by themselves. But i have a 9 and 5psi spring in each gate to make the 14-15 psi im on.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
They will go past 6500 just fine. Hellion kit has been 8.3 so far. Yeah i could do a an exhaust but i love it like this to be honest. But ill be changing it up a tad in a couple weeks.

No problem and here is a little bit of info. 1hr after my dyno run my buddy i sold my orginal blower to which is a paxton 2200sl head unit came up and put his car on the rollers. He has a 3.33 pulley and revs to 7800 and it made 18psi here are our pulls laid over each other

14.5psi TT vs Paxton at 18psi
This is why i said the turbo’s just feel down right nasty compared to the blower lol
Man damn even at 18 psi the blower just can't hang with the twins with both cars hooked up PERIOD! That's just insane man. Another great peice of shared information. If this doesn't convince someone of which power adder is superior then I don't know what will. So is it safe to say that your friend may be looking at a Hellion kit now? LOL.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Slow down man the damn Hellion kit cost wayyyyyy more than a centri so saying its superior is a bit crazy.

Yes turbos will make more hp per pound of boost but i still wouldnt trash the results of a what the little paxton can do for wayyy less cost.

Geezus I hope this doesnt turn into a turbo vs centri thread.......
Sponsored