Sponsored

Hell Horse or Infotainment? (Digital Dash)

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've been looking into installing the digital dash in my 16' GT and I came across both websites.

There's almost $600 difference between the two. Any reason in particular?

Would I be better off buying what I need separately as opposed to going through the two above?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
The two just put everything together for you and offer some pre-programming, but you could probably get that all done yourself if you follow the DIY thread that's stickied here. Just a matter of convenience/ease/support I'd say.

OP
OP
mysta_sandman

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The two just put everything together for you and offer some pre-programming, but you could probably get that all done yourself if you follow the DIY thread that's stickied here. Just a matter of convenience/ease/support I'd say.
So there's no real difference between Hell horse and Info. Wow. That's a leap in price.

I gotta order soon then lol

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
So there's no real difference between Hell horse and Info. Wow. That's a leap in price.

I gotta order soon then lol
Most of these companies jack up the prices because people pay them. If you look at a Sync 3 upgrade, they want $1200 when you can do it yourself for $600. I never pay these companies to do what I can do.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Most of these companies jack up the prices because people pay them. If you look at a Sync 3 upgrade, they want $1200 when you can do it yourself for $600. I never pay these companies to do what I can do.
I wouldn't say $600 is really feasible for a Sync 3 swap. Taking my time and stacking eBay 10-20% off coupons, I still spent $812 (including the OBDLink MX). Still a far cry from $1200+, but not fully half off. The good thing about the companies for this one is the number of different part numbers and they'll take the responsibility (I'd hope) if anything doesn't work out as it should.

Sponsored

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't say $600 is really feasible for a Sync 3 swap. Taking my time and stacking eBay 10-20% off coupons, I still spent $812 (including the OBDLink MX). Still a far cry from $1200+, but not fully half off. The good thing about the companies for this one is the number of different part numbers and they'll take the responsibility (I'd hope) if anything doesn't work out as it should.
I got my Shelby Syn 3 for $550.$30 for USB cables and 30 for usb hub. So $610

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
If you are willing to put in the leg work and call junk yards you can easily get everything in that price range.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
;=414⁴44
If you are willing to put in the leg work and call junk yards you can easily get everything in that price range.
Absolutely. I paid $550 for my Shelby Sync 3 so I can feel like a gangsta. Lol. Then a couple cables and USB and all set. I guess convenience is worth more than money to most.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
I guess that the op would prefer to know what the cost is for the digital dash. I sourced the parts and it came up to about $1295 if I remember correctly. I could be off by about $100
Sponsored