Sponsored

Headers?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Honeybadger here on this board, RGR, and JPC each have knocked on the door of 540 - 550RWHP using long tubes, no cats, ported heads, larger intake tube, and E85. Frankenstein Engine Dynamics popped 520RWHP with stock intake, long tubes, their ported heads, and a rung out and not quite worked through 93 tune with very good gasoline.

That 12:1 compression ratio really likes to be uncorked.

With long tubes and a good tune, you may see 30 - 35RWHP PEAK gains. The real benefit is average power over the curve though and long tubes really wake up in the low and mid range. Good for coming out of corners and autocross. To prevent the torque curve from falling off after 7500 - 7800, you really need cams and ported heads that aren't SO open that they slow air velocity down.

L&M ftw.
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Honeybadger here on this board, RGR, and JPC each have knocked on the door of 540 - 550RWHP using long tubes, no cats, ported heads, larger intake tube, and E85. Frankenstein Engine Dynamics popped 520RWHP with stock intake, long tubes, their ported heads, and a rung out and not quite worked through 93 tune with very good gasoline.

With long tubes and a good tune, you may see 30 - 35RWHP PEAK gains. The real benefit is average power over the curve though and long tubes really wake up in the low and mid range. Good for coming out of corners and autocross. To prevent the torque curve from falling off after 7500 - 7800, you really need cams and ported heads that aren't SO open that they slow air velocity down.

L&M ftw.
should be noted that my 540 whp tune on e85 was the equivalent to the stock tune for timing. It’s ultra conservative. I’d see 550 pretty easily with an aggressive tune I think.

and to your point, I gained 90 hp in the mid range. It’s rowdy.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
should be noted that my 540 whp tune on e85 was the equivalent to the stock tune for timing. It’s ultra conservative. I’d see 550 pretty easily with an aggressive tune I think.

and to your point, I gained 90 hp in the mid range. It’s rowdy.
You da man homie!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Start a go fund me. I'd chip in a few dollars so you can get L&M cams lol

But I'm also genuinely curious to their performance metrics as I am interested too in a year or two.

OP
OP

Dave_RTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red Shelby GT350
Thanks again all!

I also saw that Brenspeed package with 1 7/8s LTs, catted pipe, JLT CAI, and tune.

For me, it is more about sound and waking it up a bit in the lower RPMs. I know it won't be huge power gains, but that's okay by me.

I definitely need to check around my area on the E85 fuel to see what can be had.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Thanks again all!

I also saw that Brenspeed package with 1 7/8s LTs, catted pipe, JLT CAI, and tune.

For me, it is more about sound and waking it up a bit in the lower RPMs. I know it won't be huge power gains, but that's okay by me.

I definitely need to check around my area on the E85 fuel to see what can be had.

Just start with a tune only even. You'd be surprised at how much Ford sandbagged this engine down low. Good and safe tuners are getting 30 - 40lb ft more torque and earlier in the RPM range as well at certain points below 4000RPM.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Arh Ftw, best fit lifetime warranty.

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

L&M ftw.
who carries cams for these engines?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Start a go fund me. I'd chip in a few dollars so you can get L&M cams lol

But I'm also genuinely curious to their performance metrics as I am interested too in a year or two.
I'm still waiting for CobraCommander's dyno results :)

Sponsored

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Thanks nastang. Comp cams are not in this market yet?
Yeah, there simply aren't enough of these cars produced vs. the bajillion Coyote's that were produced and guys who are willing to spend the money to buy the cams, let alone pay for the labor to get them installed. It's actually not that terrible, but it needs to be done while you're doing OPG's, etc. when the front cover is off the car and you are messing with your timing chains, etc.

Add into the mix that L&M really had a difficult time getting a good supplier of billet cores to make these things and the economics just don't add up to put that kind of effort into making them en-masse.

I think the Comp Cams cams for Coyotes was like 50% of the cost of what I paid for my cams. Just the price of doing business if that's what you want to do.
Sponsored