Sponsored

Headers worth the money for daily driver on e85?

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Thanks for all the replies! Unfortunately I may not be doing any of this, for now. I changed he oil yesterday and when I started the car up I heard the typewriter tick clear as day. I wasn’t even paying attention for it but I knew what it was straight away. Going to wait to see how this progresses before I go and void the warranty on the engine.
Dont get to worried about that. Its very prominent on 90% of em at oil change. Just add a bottle of ceratec and its gone. Mine never made a peep till my first oil change. Its weird.
Sponsored

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
So the LTH are only worth 15 hp and 0.2 s in the 1/4? Seems not very cost effective.
It's not.. people changing intake mani's, headers etc etc ... all said and done approaching forced induction pricing. Not enough bang for the buck with the other mods.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I have a 2018 Gt with the 10 speed. Current mods are only steeda axle back and Magnaflow tru x resonator. I’m planning on getting the Lund e85r and flex tune. Would it be worth the extra $1000+ to install catted headers? My main concern is the Magnaflow tru x restricting flow enough to make headers not worth it. How much WHP gains can I expect on e85 with and without catted LTH. Again, my main concern would be the Tru X because I heard it’s a smaller pipe. I also plan on not installing a CAI because from what I’ve read on here, it’s not really worth it. Any opinions welcome as I don’t know much. Thanks
:crackup: Damn glad you asked first ......... :like:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
If you're going to run your car on E85 I recommend going catless. You'll see more gains by running catless vs catted. Take a gander at what we have here at www.lethalperformance.com and message me if you have any questions.
EUJjrQX.gif

Damn it Andy, that's more money on top of the LP X pipe I just bought.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Just get some MAK cat deletes for like 1/3 of the price. No point in going longtubes on a car that comes with mid length tri y headers from the factory, the restriction is the cats not the manifolds.

Cat deletes will make like 95% of the power as the headers and are way easier to install and cheaper

Sponsored

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Just get some MAK cat deletes for like 1/3 of the price. No point in going longtubes on a car that comes with mid length tri y headers from the factory, the restriction is the cats not the manifolds.

Cat deletes will make like 95% of the power as the headers and are way easier to install and cheaper
This

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
So the LTH are only worth 15 hp and 0.2 s in the 1/4? Seems not very cost effective.

Agreed, not worth the hassle especially when you have to smog the bitch...

I would only do this once my warrant was up, as it would require a tune to take full advantage of it.

Dave

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
I'd say do a ported intake manifold, larger throttle body, and JLT. That paired with e85 tune would make some nice power and be a great daily. Lethals bread and butter suspension kit, upgraded axles, with a set of drag radials would be my next move if you plan on tracking the car frequently.

XROSEM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a 2018 Gt with the 10 speed. Current mods are only steeda axle back and Magnaflow tru x resonator. I’m planning on getting the Lund e85r and flex tune. Would it be worth the extra $1000+ to install catted headers? My main concern is the Magnaflow tru x restricting flow enough to make headers not worth it. How much WHP gains can I expect on e85 with and without catted LTH. Again, my main concern would be the Tru X because I heard it’s a smaller pipe. I also plan on not installing a CAI because from what I’ve read on here, it’s not really worth it. Any opinions welcome as I don’t know much. Thanks
Lethal Performance of Texas ordered everything needed for my stage 2 Whipple 3.8L install back on January 15th which includes 2'' catless long tube American Racing Headers. I have everything for the stage 2 install except the headers, even after waiting 3 months I still do not have them yet. When Lethal and I call American Racing Headers they keep telling me "Oh just 2 more weeks", which is a lie.

So, if you do decide on LTH, I would not buy American Racing Headers, unless you are willing to wait half a year, unbelievable.

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 MT-82, 2019 5.0 10R80
Lethal Performance of Texas ordered everything needed for my stage 2 Whipple 3.8L install back on January 15th which includes 2'' catless long tube American Racing Headers. I have everything for the stage 2 install except the headers, even after waiting 3 months I still do not have them yet. When Lethal and I call American Racing Headers they keep telling me "Oh just 2 more weeks", which is a lie.

So, if you do decide on LTH, I would not buy American Racing Headers, unless you are willing to wait half a year, unbelievable.
Looks like member SAS2000 hasn't been on here in a while. Sucks to hear about your long wait times. This thread caught my attention since I find myself in the same dilemma . Looks like cat deletes for me!

Sponsored

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
Thanks for all the replies! Unfortunately I may not be doing any of this, for now. I changed he oil yesterday and when I started the car up I heard the typewriter tick clear as day. I wasn’t even paying attention for it but I knew what it was straight away. Going to wait to see how this progresses before I go and void the warranty on the engine.
Read the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. Adding headers or tuning does not “void your warranty”

XROSEM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Looks like member SAS2000 hasn't been on here in a while. Sucks to hear about your long wait times. This thread caught my attention since I find myself in the same dilemma . Looks like cat deletes for me!
I didn't want to take a chance with melting stock cats and no cats = more performance. I will be running E85 so minimal pollution and Texas where I live doesn't check exhaust emissions, only lights and brakes...
Sponsored