justa16yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shamar
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT w/Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2016 GT with factory manifolds, h pipe and Mach 1 mufflers. I have a set of longtube headers and I was wondering how would they sound with my current setup. Anyone with a Mach 1 or GT w/Mach 1 mufflers have a h pipe and longtubes installed? Any sound clips?

IMG_6152.png

IMG_6152.png
Sponsored

K Myers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
What type are those, sometimes you just got too do it and don't worry about it, you have a H pipe so it should sound good are you keeping the cats?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Non active exhaust? Catless LTHs? If so, it’s going to be loud. I had a similar setup on my Bullitt, but with an x-pipe and catted LTHs and it was loud. H pipes also give a deeper muscle car tone, so I would think you would sound closer to a car with a Steeda or Roush axle back.

Here are a couple of videos for comparison.

Catted LTHs, Steeda x-pipe and factory Bullitt AE.

Here is the same setup with a Steeda axle back, which is probably closer to what you can expect from yours with an h-pipe and catless LTHs (If they are indeed catless).

OP
OP
justa16yote

justa16yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shamar
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What type are those, sometimes you just got too do it and don't worry about it, you have a H pipe so it should sound good are you keeping the cats?
It is a set of 2MFab catless longtube headers

OP
OP
justa16yote

justa16yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shamar
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Non active exhaust? Catless LTHs? If so, it’s going to be loud. I had a similar setup on my Bullitt, but with an x-pipe and catted LTHs and it was loud. H pipes also give a deeper muscle car tone, so I would think you would sound closer to a car with a Steeda or Roush axle back.

Here are a couple of videos for comparison.

Catted LTHs, Steeda x-pipe and factory Bullitt AE.

Here is the same setup with a Steeda axle back, which is probably closer to what you can expect from yours with an h-pipe and catless LTHs (If they are indeed catless).

The valves on the Mach 1 mufflers were welded open, and yes catless LTHs, also I might try to see if I can get the valves to work somehow

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The valves on the Mach 1 mufflers were welded open, and yes catless LTHs, also I might try to see if I can get the valves to work somehow
You’re not running a WOT Box or 2 Step are you? There is a member on here, who bent his AE valves using the 2 Step.

OP
OP
justa16yote

justa16yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shamar
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You’re not running a WOT Box or 2 Step are you? There is a member on here, who bent his AE valves using the 2 Step.
No, I was whenever I had the stock GT AE, but if I did get a WOT Box, I’d just use the no lift shift

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
There is another option for you, but it would require manual adjustment. While these were designed by a motorcycle, they can work in a car exhaust. You could cut out the section of pipe with the factory AE, weld in a new section of pipe and drill for the insert valves. You can adjust them to tailor the sound. They come in different sizes to fit a variety of exhausts.

https://www.dkcustomproducts.com/thunder-torque-inserts-c57.htm

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I have catless LTH with gt500 catback so mufflers should be close to what you have. I left the factory resonator (gt500 one) on as it was uncut exhaust. Im not changing it, mines perfect. Yours with a H or X and the LTH will be loud loud....

OP
OP
justa16yote

justa16yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shamar
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have catless LTH with gt500 catback so mufflers should be close to what you have. I left the factory resonator (gt500 one) on as it was uncut exhaust. Im not changing it, mines perfect. Yours with a H or X and the LTH will be loud loud....
Do you have any sound clips?

Sponsored

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
I have a Mach 1 with an H-pipe and catted headers, so pretty similar to what you’re considering. Before the headers, I used to put the exhaust in track mode every time because it had the sound I wanted, and after the headers I pretty much always have it in normal and it’s still louder than it used to be in track. This is what I wanted though, so I love it. You’ll see plenty of people with a similar set up say it was too loud for them, and some want it louder still. For me personally, it’s exactly what I want so obviously I like the sound. Now with you going catless, that would definitely bump the volume up even more, but if it were too much it would be easy enough to always put a resonator back in to tone it down slightly. Unfortunately I don’t really have any sound clips with my current exhaust.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Do you have any sound clips?
I dont right at the moment but Ill be gettin er outta storage tomorrow I think. and can get a vid for ya. I had the setup your talking about for one day after doing LTH install but with stock active mufflers. It was crazy loud. I did a resonated x pipe and fixed it. But have since changed the catback to the gt500. I had to modify my connect pipes off the headers due to pipe diameter but was easy for me to do.

MarquanTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marquan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Mach 1, catless headers, corsa double H pipe and gt500 borla atak axle back here. It’s loud.

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is Kooks 1 7/8 green cat Steeda Xpipe and stock active. Since you asked for H pipe, I won’t post a clip unless you want one.
Sponsored