Headers and emissions

Thebus44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kona blue gt premium
I’ve read and have seen differing answers on the forum. I want to install catted headers on my car and I’m in Raleigh area NC where the emissions is just the obdII port. Would I only need a tune to and be okay for emissions? Or would I need more as well, like the kooks green catted headers (if I don’t need to get the green cat headers I don’t want to get them). I’m looking at stainless works and Kooks.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
As long as everything show ready your good. Specifically, downstream o2. I think ur allowed one 'not ready' status.

OP
OP
Thebus44

Thebus44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Vehicle(s)
Ok and just a tune with a reputable tuner would be able to net me that result probably pbd or Lund.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Ok and just a tune with a reputable tuner would be able to net me that result probably pbd or Lund.
Well no tuner should be shutting off anything. So if it's just a obdII test, you will be good to go.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

brent_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT-A10-pp1-ruby red
I’ve read and have seen differing answers on the forum. I want to install catted headers on my car and I’m in Raleigh area NC where the emissions is just the obdII port. Would I only need a tune to and be okay for emissions? Or would I need more as well, like the kooks green catted headers (if I don’t need to get the green cat headers I don’t want to get them). I’m looking at stainless works and Kooks.
Did you get this situation figured out? I am about to go down the same path her in NC, and wanted your experience with it.

OP
OP
Thebus44

Thebus44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Vehicle(s)
Just to be safe I’m going with kooks green cats, even though it’s not a guarantee it seems like the best option
Sponsored