Headed to The Tail from Texas.

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'm not one to make any plans so I don't have to stick to any schedules while on vacation. I have however looked at the layout to get a general idea of the vacancies in the area. My first night will be Sunday Oct. 3rd in Athens, TN. From there I will do the Cherohala Skyway and The Tail of The Dragon. Also looking to get up to The Rattler. SO my question is do any of you guys and gals have suggestions for neat places to stay? I can do hotels of course but there are so many mom and pop places I figured y'all might have some "go to's". Telico Plains, Hot Springs-NC, Robbinsville, Lake Junaluska area??? Heck even Cherokee. Any insights appreciated!
Sponsored

GTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have been twice this year and have stayed at Air BNBs in Robbinsville which is close to Cherohala.

OP
OP
stungjoe

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have been twice this year and have stayed at Air BNBs in Robbinsville which is close to Cherohala.
Thanks, I've always been nervous about the AIRBNB's but I have been looking. I actually found a decent looking hotel in Vonore which is at the top of the Tail. This should set me up pretty good to head up to The Devil's Triangle for second day. Then over toward The Rattler area for third night. I have enough Hilton Honor points for a Hampton Inn somewhere as well. Maybe save a few of those for the drive home.

Sponsored

Sigster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Thanks, I've always been nervous about the AIRBNB's but I have been looking. I actually found a decent looking hotel in Vonore which is at the top of the Tail. This should set me up pretty good to head up to The Devil's Triangle for second day. Then over toward The Rattler area for third night. I have enough Hilton Honor points for a Hampton Inn somewhere as well. Maybe save a few of those for the drive home.
Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort is a pretty basic motel but is super convenient to run the Tail a few times (once is never enough!!).

OP
OP
stungjoe

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort is a pretty basic motel but is super convenient to run the Tail a few times (once is never enough!!).
Thanks, but booked up 😞

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
I have been staying at Phillip's motel for about 10 years. Inexpensive and very traditional. The benefit is it's on the part of 129 leading up to the dragon. It's a higher speed section but very fun, and it allows you to get a good warm up session in before you hit the gap. Another bonus is it's right in town within walking distance from places to eat. I'm willing to come up there and drive with you and show you a warm welcome from a local if you'd like. Just message me, otherwise enjoy your trip.

OP
OP
stungjoe

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have been staying at Phillip's motel for about 10 years. Inexpensive and very traditional. The benefit is it's on the part of 129 leading up to the dragon. It's a higher speed section but very fun, and it allows you to get a good warm up session in before you hit the gap. Another bonus is it's right in town within walking distance from places to eat. I'm willing to come up there and drive with you and show you a warm welcome from a local if you'd like. Just message me, otherwise enjoy your trip.
Oh man! I seriously looked at that place! I will keep that one in mind. I appreciate the offer and I will shoot you a message but it will be Monday or Tuesday during the day. I also plan on hitting the Rattler and Devil's Triangle at some point.

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Oh man! I seriously looked at that place! I will keep that one in mind. I appreciate the offer and I will shoot you a message but it will be Monday or Tuesday during the day. I also plan on hitting the Rattler and Devil's Triangle at some point.
Monday-Tuesday works perfectly. My friend is off on those days and I don't mind taking the time off.

I had already planned on going back before the winter season begins.

Sponsored
OP
OP
stungjoe

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Monday-Tuesday works perfectly. My friend is off on those days and I don't mind taking the time off.

I had already planned on going back before the winter season begins.
Crisis averted! Somehow my dumb ass booked a room in Athens, GA instead of Athens, TN. A 30 minute phone call to Apu...I mean Nicholas and I have the correct Athens.

Nickle I will send ya PM, DM Message whatever it's called about meeting up somewhere.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I could have driven to Athens (wrong one) and held your room for you :like:

Crisis averted! Somehow my dumb ass booked a room in Athens, GA instead of Athens, TN. A 30 minute phone call to Apu...I mean Nicholas and I have the correct Athens.

Nickle I will send ya PM, DM Message whatever it's called about meeting up somewhere.
Sponsored