Having trouble with OBDII "not ready"

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
Guys, hopefully someone can shed some light. I've been having an issue getting an inspection sticker. When connecting to the OBDII, it states that vehicle is "not ready per EPA guidance".

The "not ready" status applies to:

Catalyst
Fuel System
Heated O2
O2 Sensor
Evap Sytem

I have no codes at all.

I've been instructed to run through many drive cycles. I feel that I have done just that, but still I am at not ready status.

Anyone here ever have similar issues? I have a catted downpipe and a Vargas turbo. I had no issues getting a sticker last year with the same mods.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

Kevin
Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Has the battery been disconnected lately?

OP
OP
NHEcoboost

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depending on how often and type of driving it takes anywhere from 8-10 or more cold starts and decent long stop and go drives to obtain system readiness. It can take many more if they are short drives or warm restarts. You may want to speak to your tuner if it's been a while since the battery was disconnected. If you have changed tunes it's just like disconnecting the battery

OP
OP
NHEcoboost

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
Depending on how often and type of driving it takes anywhere from 8-10 or more cold starts and decent long stop and go drives to obtain system readiness. It can take many more if they are short drives or warm restarts. You may want to speak to your tuner if it's been a while since the battery was disconnected. If you have changed tunes it's just like disconnecting the battery
I've done many more than that for cold starts. In fact, this has been happening since last September. But, while I was in the process of doing drive cycles last September, I was rear ended and the car went right from the body shop to winter storage. Haven't updated my tune since before last summer. But, that's a good idea. I'll see if there is anything happening on that end. To me, it just seems there might be a bigger issue...

Thank you!

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you do reload the tune it will have to go through the whole readiness process again

Paul K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP Recaro
I had this happen last year. I had disconnected the battery to install a steering wheel shortly before getting the car inspected. After 6 weeks of driving the car thru many drive cycles, the monitors were still not ready. I ended up having to remove my PMAS "no tune" intake and put back the original intake and MAF sensor. After driving the car another 3 weeks, the monitors were ready. The custom MAF sensor in the PMAS was preventing the car from initializing to get the monitors ready. You can check if the monitors are ready by hitting the start button without starting the car. If the check engine light blinks 5 times, the monitors are not ready.
Sponsored