Sponsored

Has your engine been reliable, some issues or blown?

Has your engine been relaible?

• Enigne has had no problems and has been relaible.

Votes: 57 85.1%
  • Engine has given me issues but has not blown.

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Engine has blown.

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
12k miles, Tune+ since 1000 miles, many bolt ons.
No issues at all, 100% reliable.
Now that I said that, it will grenade tomorrow.
Sponsored

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
12k miles, Tune+ since 1000 miles, many bolt ons.
No issues at all, 100% reliable.
Now that I said that, it will grenade tomorrow.

Unicorns don't do that.. nock on the dash in the morning..lol.

menaecoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost mustang black PP pack
Just hit 33k miles on my 2015 With PP (build date 2/15). been tuned since 1k miles. Full bolt on and pro tuned at 5-7k and turbo swapped at 12-13k miles. No issues, except for the oil residue but it ain't bad. Money is set aside for a new motor just in case but I have plans to preemptively swap it in the near future regardless. made it through a 1400 mile road trip through the southwest in the middle of July like a champ, full loaded car with ambient temps above 108 and I still did pulls. I take it out and beat on it atleast once a week, used to be way more But daily is mostly normal driving. Never gone over 4K miles since previous oil change. I use Castrol edge 5w-40 full syn. By the way I did the catch can and Pcv fix at really low mileage (first couple thousand) after the blue smoke issue, and I've never had any oil in my intercooler, throttlebody, etc.

absurdh3ro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' PP EBM
2015 eb pp 66K miles completely stock since i bought it back in January of 2015. Had a problem with the fuel pump around 25k i believe it was bad gas i was putting. A/C went out around 50k thank god for my extended warranty. had to change a bad hoes and battery around 60k. Im worried what will happen 3 years from now and i will be out of warranty. I am considering trading in for another vehicle in the foreseeable future.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
A lot of A/C issues i see!

25k with an FP tune, CP-E intercooler, and airaid intake tube w/ K&N filter. No issues yet.

Oil was black as hell at 7500-8k. 5-20 motocraft is pretty damn thin for hard usage.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Nice thread.

2017 European PP EcoBoost with 8000 km on the odo. My mods (current and upcoming) are in my signature. Tuned the car at 4000 km (Tune+, I couldn't go other way). Engine run perfectly. I just changed the oil (used Castrol 5/30), which was in good condition as far as I can tell. Dealer told me that changing the oil every year or at 15.000 km is fine, but from now on I will change it twice a year or at 5000 km. The only issue I had was the a/c evaporator, which was replaced a couple of weeks ago - but that's not engine related. Couldn't be happier with a car!

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
2015 eb pp 66K miles completely stock since i bought it back in January of 2015. Had a problem with the fuel pump around 25k i believe it was bad gas i was putting. A/C went out around 50k thank god for my extended warranty. had to change a bad hoes and battery around 60k. Im worried what will happen 3 years from now and i will be out of warranty. I am considering trading in for another vehicle in the foreseeable future.
Wow that's some serious mileage! Good to see none of your problems are Ecoboost specific and are due to Ford's generally lackluster QC on parts in all the models. I'm assuming by 'hoes' you meant hose, So I'm curious as to which one? Otherwise my wife has trouble with any hoes in my car too. : lol:

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Also on Cleveland motor just under 40K, ran the car on big turbo kit with meth for about 29K of the miles. No issues.
Sponsored