Sponsored

Cost to replace blown Ecoboom engine?

Datalux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost, Premium, Auto, PP
Never thought I would say it but I have joined the ranks of the Ecobooms. It let go last night while rolling on the throttle at about 75mph on the freeway. Much noise, smoke, oil and bits bouncing under the car was to be had by all behind me.

Towed to a local Ford dealer but they're saying it will be at least a week before they can even pop the hood to look at it because their so busy and maybe a month or two to repair.

After several searches, I'm just not seeing much in the way of what the "Out the door" replacement cost is from the dealer will be. Given that they are going to be a week plus to look at it, I would like to know what my options are and maybe have it taken elsewhere since I doubt they will warranty it.

I see Livrnois has a Street Series Shortblock for $3700 and Ford has a fully built 2.3L crate engine for $5500-$6200, but I don't know how many hrs would go into the rebuild.
Sponsored

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
What loaner car did you get?

OP
OP
Datalux

Datalux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this not under warranty?
It's modified so I don't have high hopes. Turbosmart WGA is a dead give away when you open the hood. I'm sure they'll check the ECU as well.

OP
OP
Datalux

Datalux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What loaner car did you get?
Ha!, Right! It will most likely be a Nissan Versa or similar when I pay to pick it up from the rental place. Getting the wife a new car this weekend so I'll be driving her old one for a while, just need the rental for the next few days.

Sponsored

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
Damn that sucks, how many miles and what dealer did you take it to by the way?

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Sorry to hear that man. How many miles were on it? Did you floor it when cruising at 75? Your tuner was tune+? Have you reached out to him at all?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
i can't recall who it was on this site (and the thread in this section), but I'm pretty certain that one member who had to pay out of pocket cost for a new engine+labor from his Ford Dealer was in excess of $7500...

If it is truly going to be denied (warranty) - which you won't know until the Service Center goes through it and determines cause of failure - are you planning on keeping the car long term or short term? If long term and you plan on more mods, I'd definitely go with some sort of built/crate engine over another stocker.

OP
OP
Datalux

Datalux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn that sucks, how many miles and what dealer did you take it to by the way?
I was at 31,000, and it's at Raceway in Riverside.

OP
OP
Datalux

Datalux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear that man. How many miles were on it? Did you floor it when cruising at 75? Your tuner was tune+? Have you reached out to him at all?
Didn't floor it, just rolled into because I felt something like really short bumps but decided to give it a little gas when I had smoother straight road and to see if it did it again or if it really was just bumps in the road. I was literally reaching to press the logger and boom.

Nothing Adam is going to do about it so... Moral, no matter how safe of a tune you ask for, your still taking all the risk.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Datalux

Datalux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i can't recall who it was on this site (and the thread in this section), but I'm pretty certain that one member who had to pay out of pocket cost for a new engine+labor from his Ford Dealer was in excess of $7500...

If it is truly going to be denied (warranty) - which you won't know until the Service Center goes through it and determines cause of failure - are you planning on keeping the car long term or short term? If long term and you plan on more mods, I'd definitely go with some sort of built/crate engine over another stocker.
I will most likely keep it long term, I just won't mod it any more. However I do want to build it a little better if the cost is reasonable thus the Livernois block. Seems I could get that installed for under $7k.

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
Sorry to hear OP. what oil do you use and how often you change it? What type of fuel? What octane was the tune rated?

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Didn't floor it, just rolled into because I felt something like really short bumps but decided to give it a little gas when I had smoother straight road and to see if it did it again or if it really was just bumps in the road. I was literally reaching to press the logger and boom.

Nothing Adam is going to do about it so... Moral, no matter how safe of a tune you ask for, your still taking all the risk.
F that..

Your still taking a risk bullsh-t out of here ! People he not backing anything he does yet he is forgiven for his shit work and fuc- up service someone should report him for frogulant effort to extortion of funds b.b.b

I've been up and down the HP spectrum trying to find a weakness to my motor and it is still going same motor same gas as everyone El's but not tuned by this guy ask anyone Vargas ,map, the writing on the wall all over this forum wake up people ..

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
F that..

Your still taking a risk bullsh-t out of here ! People he not backing anything he does yet he is forgiven for his shit work and fuc- up service someone should report him for frogulant effort to extortion of funds b.b.b

I've been up and down the HP spectrum trying to find a weakness to my motor and it is still going same motor same gas as everyone El's but not tuned by this guy ask anyone Vargas ,map, the writing on the wall all over this forum wake up people ..
I would have to agree ...90% of the failures have been running Adam Brunson ' s tune
Facebook is plastered with a bunch .. he is running a corrupt enterprise promising and conning every Dip shit eager to believe his rhetoric ...from empty catch cans to shit tunes ..
Sponsored