Sponsored

Has anyone ordered a Mach 1 yet

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
I ordered mine on 4/17. Got the VIN email on 4/29. Targeted to be built the week of 8/2.

Orange
Auto
Elite
HP
Back seat delete
When you say you got an email with VIN and build date projection, that's an email from whom? Your dealer? Is this customary to get this info. or do you have to request it?
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
When you say you got an email with VIN and build date projection, that's an email from whom? Your dealer? Is this customary to get this info. or do you have to request it?
Comes from Ford if your dealer entered your email with the order to Ford

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Once your dealer places your order, you'll start receiving emails from Ford.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
So part of the agony of waiting for delivery is leaving my 2018 parked in the garage because I don't want to add miles and give the dealer ammo to renegotiate the trade value, and don't want to take the chance on dents and dings... or worse.

Yesterday evening I couldn't stand it any more and took it out. Aaaaah, that's the stuff. Came around a bend and almost got head-on crushed by a 90-ish year old guy in a new Caddy that could barely see over the wheel, who didn't take the turn tight enough to stay in his lane. Immediately thought damn, if this is in any accident, the Carfax MFers are going to cost me major bank at trade in so I headed home.

Was at a stoplight on a 2-lane road and a few cars back saw a Mach 1! Really, already one in our hick town? Can't believe it. And not just a Mach 1, but one exactly like what I have ordered, silver HP, saw the stripe on the hood and a big wing. There were 2 slow cars between us and he got caught at the next light. So I continued on and all of a sudden he's right on my ass on the back road near my house. NOW you could really see that it was a silver V6 with a faux Mach hood stripe and a giant Ebay wing. So I stopped and waved him up and we chatted for a few minutes (there's no traffic on this road). Probably 30 years younger than me, with his gang banger buddy in the passenger seat but we talked like old friends about the mods we had done to our cars. Turns out last summer I had sold him my PP1 springs on Craigslist. Mustangs, bringing people together LOL!!

Sponsored

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2017 Ford Edge, "21 Mach 1 Ordered"
I order my Mach 1 on April 28th and have yet to receive any emails from Ford. I assume that is because the Flat Rock plant is closed down right now... Going to be a loooong summer!

f2e524d1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
1969/2021 Mustang Mach 1
I order my Mach 1 on April 28th and have yet to receive any emails from Ford. I assume that is because the Flat Rock plant is closed down right now... Going to be a loooong summer!
Your dealer may have not added your email address to get Ford alerts. Ask them if they have received your VIN and production week yet. You should get your VIN after about two weeks from when you placed the order.

Edit: Also get your order number from your dealer. Then you can track the status yourself on Ford's tracking site: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2017 Ford Edge, "21 Mach 1 Ordered"
Your dealer may have not added your email address to get Ford alerts. Ask them if they have received your VIN and production week yet. You should get your VIN after about two weeks from when you placed the order.

Edit: Also get your order number from your dealer. Then you can track the status yourself on Ford's tracking site: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/
Michael, Thank you for the tracking site info. Question: Do i need both the Order Number and VIN to track the build?
Sponsored