Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll just wait!!
In 2019 I was obsessed with the tracking site checking it multiple times a day! The delivery date changed at least 5 times. The very last delivery date said August 6th. On August 3d (Saturday) I was detailing a customers truck and stopped to take a break to eat. While I was eating I thought I might as well check the tracking site! I see this below!!!
1C05BCAD-B355-4402-9C33-3F17D1BB2235.png

WTF! It was delivered the day before on Friday August 2d. (4 days early) I was happy and pissed at the same time! Happy my car came in, upset the dealer didn’t call me! I called the dealer immediately and yup, it was there! The car was locked inside the body shop and the body shop is closed on Sundays! I had to wait until Monday to see it! I was there before they opened. Once I saw the car, sat in it, press the start but and hear it rock to life the long wait was worth it. The only good side of my car taking so long to come in is that every month I waited I put more money in my savings and put a huge down payment on the car. Long story short! Be Patient! You ordered exactly what you wanted, when you see it, hear it, sit in it, it will be worth the wait!
Sponsored

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
You ordered in March or April, right? My dealer ordered it in November or when they opened orders for euro models, I signed the contract in January, and still my build date is same as yours (pushed back from March 5th). Just be patient :thumbsup:
Did you get the VON before you walked out of the dealership or the latest the next day?

I ordered 3/16. This is one of many ordered vehicles in 5 years. I’ve tracked them all. I know the process, I can wait. I’ve had my Hellcat, 3 Scat packs, 6 SRT GCs, 3 JL Rubicons built in less than a week from order because my friends buddy is a bigwig at FCA and he pushed my orders through (that was fun). My GT350 was the same wait. I’ve also had them show up when the info was behind. I waited over 6 months for my last ordered SRT to finally reach the dealer (Covid). Which I didn’t take.

Last edited:

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
You ordered in March or April, right? My dealer ordered it in November or when they opened orders for euro models, I signed the contract in January, and still my build date is same as yours (pushed back from March 5th). Just be patient :thumbsup:
I signed my contract on October 24th, 2020, and got it April 5th, with numerous changes for delivery date on the tracking site along the way. Now that it's in my hands, it was worth the wait. Patience is a virtue.

OP
OP
fastergt350

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I signed my contract on October 24th, 2020, and got it April 5th, with numerous changes for delivery date on the tracking site along the way. Now that it's in my hands, it was worth the wait. Patience is a virtue.
My progression timeline: 10-17-20 deposit & rough draft/ 1-9-2021 order complete with HP/2-2-21 order confirmed by Ford/3-26-21 built/ 4-6-21 arrived at dealership. So even with doing everything early it still took some time. The car is a pleasure to drive and own. After all that we have been through, treat yourself you will not be disappointed. :sunglasses: :rockon::beer::flag:

Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
At this pace the S650 will be replacing the M1 in Europe.....
I don't know for sure, as I have never purchased a Ford before (a new member of the family), but perhaps the pandemic is most of the cause of the confusion and the slow downs.

I'm impatient too, but trying to cut them some slack in these tough times.

Reactions: 12g

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know for sure, as I have never purchased a Ford before (a new member of the family), but perhaps the pandemic is most of the cause of the confusion and the slow downs.

I have more or less decided to wait for next year and see what happens.....

If I would get one of the ones still bound for Sweden (if any left) they would be coming very late in the season = 1-2 months worth of driving then garage queen it until April next year. If I get one might as well order one in the Spec I want.

Problem now is though I am not even sure if we will get any in 2022 or not due to emissions etc .....

My 2018 I ordered in December and got the car in May 2018. Sweden was then the first market in Europe to receive the cars.

It all is 1st world problems though easy to forget that

Last edited:

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486

I ordered a GT in May 2017 wasnt delivered till Sept 2017 so it normally takes them 3 to 4 months.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
but perhaps the pandemic is most of the cause of the confusion and the slow downs.
Yes, it has everything to do with the pandemic. And it’s not just Ford. This isn’t their fault so bashing them is an effort in futility.

For those who decide to wait, I doubt you will be disappointed. If you want it now, start searching. Good luck with whichever decision you make.

P.C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Mach 1 Chassis M2290
I was fortunate with mine. Ordered Granger Ford Feb 9th, delivered to dealer in Iowa April 14th.. I picked up April 21st drove home and car is safely in my garage in Utah April 23rd. Now car just needs good wash. Had about 3 miles of rain out of 1200 miles home. Go figure.😬

0B7DEE5C-F7D5-454B-B3FB-46DEEF05B657.jpeg

BCACC1DF-A6ED-4402-AB53-5DEDABD61837.jpeg

Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I was fortunate with mine. Ordered Granger Ford Feb 9th, delivered to dealer in Iowa April 14th.. I picked up April 21st drove home and car is safely in my garage in Utah April 23rd. Now car just needs good wash. Had about 3 miles of rain out of 1200 miles home. Go figure.😬

0B7DEE5C-F7D5-454B-B3FB-46DEEF05B657.jpeg

BCACC1DF-A6ED-4402-AB53-5DEDABD61837.jpeg
Nice. Best of luck. I hope that pony light doesn't scare your pup!

P.C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Mach 1 Chassis M2290
Nice. Best of luck. I hope that pony light doesn't scare your pup!
He came over to paw at it right after I took the pic.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get the VON before you walked out of the dealership or the latest the next day?
It's done differently here. There's about 20 cars allocation for the whole country and only 2 dealerships who sell Mustangs, I was told they specced the orders and made them within a few hours once it was available to order. So dealers made all orders for Mach 1 and customers couldn't change anything. This was in November or early December. When I call them early January, there was one blue car with automatic and optional wheels available so I immediately grabbed it and signed a written contract and paid 10% deposit. By that time the car was long in Ford's system already. Customers can't spec Mach 1 here, but I don't mind, there's only choice of colour, transmission, wheels, seats and alarm. It has all I want (minus Recaros which I don't really regret).

Problem now is though I am not even sure if we will get any in 2022 or not due to emissions etc .....
Buy it in Germany or elsewhere.
Soon we'll probably see offers of registration in countries like Ukraine to avoid the crazy emission taxes, lol.

f2e524d1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
1969/2021 Mustang Mach 1
Deposit accepted today. Now we wait.
Ordered mine today, too, through Granger Ford. It's definitely going to be a long wait. That's not a problem as long as it's built this year. I just hope Ford doesn't cancel existing orders with all the shutdowns and chip shortages, as well as with the MY22 production starting up around October (unless this below has changed).

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/22-mach1.153378/post-3126926

Has anyone heard what the final order date is for MY21? The Donlen Build/Order Dates page doesn't show it yet.

https://www.donlen.com/manufacturer...ln-cars-build-out-final-order-start-up-dates/

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
Well all our build delays have been pushed back due to them shutting down the mustang production for a couple days in May so I’m hoping that’s all it is is a couple weeks and that’s it. Anymore happens then we’re in for the long haul!

FD8DE725-DF6D-462A-AAEF-3490C7353122.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: