Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'

Excalibur1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350. '15 GT PP.
Wow! Thanks. If I dont learn something Zaparka everyday, I am backing up.

Congrats on stopping my spread of salesman style fictional bilge.. ;)

Sponsored

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Ford is all over the place with their projected production dates LOL...

3/19 - came to agreement with the salesman on my order.
3/22 - dealership placed the order with Ford.
3/25 - Ford emails me with a production date of May 31.
3/26 - Ford emails a production date of May 3.
3/27 - Ford emails a production date of May 24.
4/9 - Ford emails a production date of May 17.

And the order tracking site always seems to lag a few days behind the emailed updates. Come on guys, this should not be that difficult.
I haven't gotten any emails from Ford. Am I the only one? Is there something the dealer needs to do for me to get these?

OP
OP
fastergt350

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I haven't gotten any emails from Ford. Am I the only one? Is there something the dealer needs to do for me to get these?
Call your dealer and ask for a VVR, up to date information on that VIN#.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Call your dealer and ask for a VVR, up to date information on that VIN#.
Well, I think the question is how to start getting the notifications from Ford. Personally, I unfortunately don't get along all that well with my dealer... too late now. So, I deal as much as possible with Ford direct.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Well, I think the question is how to start getting the notifications from Ford. Personally, I unfortunately don't get along all that well with my dealer... too late now. So, I deal as much as possible with Ford direct.
Question.....If you do not get along with your dealer what kind of penalty would you be hit with to back out of your deal? You might be surprised if he were happy for you to back out as yours would become a stock car he might be able to sell for more. Something to think about.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Question.....If you do not get along with your dealer what kind of penalty would you be hit with to back out of your deal? You might be surprised if he were happy for you to back out as yours would become a stock car he might be able to sell for more. Something to think about.
Backing out has several costs for me:
1 Getting back deposit... potentially okay
2 Going to Iowa and getting from Granger... i have my car to trade in, i live in NYC, so the round trip is about 2200 miles -> a week off of work
3 Getting onto the back of the process/queue
4 Getting the title back for my trade-in as the car has a title that states the auto loan was paid but isn't "clean"
5 This is the biggest issue: My bank loan (I have the check) would have to be re-drafted and not sure how agreeable the bank would be to that

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Backing out has several costs for me:
1 Getting back deposit... potentially okay
2 Going to Iowa and getting from Granger... i have my car to trade in, i live in NYC, so the round trip is about 2200 miles -> a week off of work
3 Getting onto the back of the process/queue
4 Getting the title back for my trade-in as the car has a title that states the load was paid but isn't "clean"
5 This is the biggest issue: My bank loan (I have the check) would have to be re-drafted and not sure how agreeable the bank would be to that
Yeah, this is complicated. Maybe bring them some Dunkin' Doughnuts and coffee. Might sound strange but I've done it and it works.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I'm guessing the dealer would have had to include your email address when they entered the order but I'm not sure. I have heard other guys commenting that they're not getting emails too. You might be able to call Ford customer service and ask if they can add your email address to the order, if you have the order number.

My dealer sucks, I've asked 3 times for updates and the salesman either ignores my text or says sorry I've been really busy. But the Ford emails are notoriously inaccurate too so I don't know that there's a "good" way to track it.
Sponsored