Sponsored

Has anyone applied Zybar Thermal Coating on headers?

irmoviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Wanted to see if anyone has applied Zybar Thermal coating to headers or exhaust. The ideal person would have before and after dyno numbers proving an increase in HP. I have a set of kooks headers ready for install, but I may order this Coating before i put them on.

https://www.zycoat.com/zybar-color-coats/
Sponsored

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
im curious as well waiting to see now ......

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
- "Reduces radiant heat by 90% and reduces under hood temperatures by 40%"

I highly doubt this...... I could MAYBE see a 10-15% drop in under hood temps. Also, reducing radiant heat off a header primary by 90%? LOLOLOLOL Sorryl. NO.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
- "Reduces radiant heat by 90% and reduces under hood temperatures by 40%"

I highly doubt this...... I could MAYBE see a 10-15% drop in under hood temps. Also, reducing radiant heat off a header primary by 90%? LOLOLOLOL Sorryl. NO.
While I agree, I have heard similar numbers for ceramic coating of headers.

FWIW, I've often thought of ceramic coating and then heat-wrapping the headers, to lower under-hood temps.

I doubt there's much power to be gained, maybe a few percentage points.

OP
OP

irmoviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I will be the guinea pig then. While I won't have before numbers with the headers installed, I will have dyno numbers stock and after they are coated and installed. Local company will etch them up for $60 and another company will paint them for $100. So $310 invested on testing to see. It's a new product so not much information out on it. But I know others have dyno numbers stock and with headers and we can use that as a solid comparison. I am also going to be testing something else for another company, but can't share any results...yet.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I've had ceramic coated headers (done by Jet Hot) before, and the difference in radiated heat is dramatic. You can literally almost touch them with the engine hot and running and feel little heat compared to a bare tube. Underhood temps are definitely less. Looks nice too.

I have no FHE with Zycoat, but I'd guess it would be similar.

OP
OP

irmoviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I've had ceramic coated headers (done by Jet Hot) before, and the difference in radiated heat is dramatic. You can literally almost touch them with the engine hot and running and feel little heat compared to a bare tube. Underhood temps are definitely less. Looks nice too.

I have no FHE with Zycoat, but I'd guess it would be similar.
Thank you for that, you confirmed exactly what I was thinking regarding underhood temps. The cooler an engine bay is, is certainly a good thing with regard to HP numbers. Not to mention having a coating certainly looks good! If you still have the car that's coated, perhaps we can do a temperature test for a real world comparison.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Someone needs to coat the pipes around the diff and see what happens during track usage ...

WD :like:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Thank you for that, you confirmed exactly what I was thinking regarding underhood temps. The cooler an engine bay is, is certainly a good thing with regard to HP numbers. Not to mention having a coating certainly looks good! If you still have the car that's coated, perhaps we can do a temperature test for a real world comparison.
That car has been gone for over a decade, sorry. Coatings work though. :like: