Sponsored

Has anybody here enabled euro emergency brake flashing???

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm talking about the feature that when braking hard (don't know how hard), the brake lights reportedly flash quickly 'x' amount of times, to alert motorists following you that you're braking hard. To be precise, I'm talking about the following FORScan change: BCM 726-26-02 xxxx x1. Looked everywhere for a quick video of what exactly that feature does, but to no avail. If somebody happens to have one, or can at least explain how it works, it'd be great.

There was mention of that feature possibly enabling the hazard lights, which would work with separate turn-signal lights, but our cars don't have that. Plus we have a toggle switch (rather than a momentary one) for them, so don't think you can just turn them on remotely. At any rate, hopefully that feature works on our US cars by just quick flashing the brake lights for a second or so. Does anybody know? Thank you.
JC
Sponsored

Last edited:

sport160

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I don't know how the mustang one works specifically, but on many/most European cars when you brake hard it will start the hazard warning lights flashing.

Back in the day, I knew I was "trying" when I got the hazards to flash under braking on the backroads, Anti Lock chirping and hazard warning lights flashing :cool:

If I had to guess I would assume the mustang does the same, but pure speculation based on experience

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I've seen European cars flashing the brake lights quickly (like some motorcycles do with flashing modules), AND turning hazards on (obviously separate turn-signals). But never just the hazards on cars like ours. In our case, the lights would just flash like hazards, but don't think they'd be turned on without physically moving the rocker switch up. Hopefully somebody will chime in :). Thank you for your input.

sport160

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've seen European cars flashing the brake lights quickly (like some motorcycles do with flashing modules), AND turning hazards on (obviously separate turn-signals). But never just the hazards on cars like ours. In our case, the lights would just flash like hazards, but don't think they'd be turned on without physically moving the rocker switch up. Hopefully somebody will chime in :). Thank you for your input.
I follow a guy in the UK with a Bullitt, if I cab remember his name on IG I will ask him and let you know

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I bought and installed a little appliance that, plugged into the rear brake light circuit of my 2006 Mustang, caused the third brake light to flash rapidly, first time the brakes were applied. Subsequent applications within a specified time just acted normally. I reckon something similar for S550s could be out there now.

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I follow a guy in the UK with a Bullitt, if I cab remember his name on IG I will ask him and let you know
Awesome. Thank you :).

caused the third brake light to flash rapidly
Those things are super annoying IMO; I'd never do that. This thing is only when you brake pretty hard.

EDIT: Already made this mod, since I had the car connected already to change the animation to the Ford Performance one (it's awesome). Hope it works on my car :). But if not, I can always reverse it. The dash lights went nuts when writing the change, so hope it's normal with any BCM change. Ha ha. Tried the brake lights, and they work, so all must be well. But just hope to learn what will happen when braking hard, and if it actually works. It's always good to know how a feature works, especially when safety related, like the brake lights.
Sponsored

Last edited: