hammered hell

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Amazing how just one - arguably minor - mis-step that doesn't affect this vehicle's usefulness or functionality can do so much damage to its overall perception in the eyes of those who are fans of the car it's trying to steal the name away from.

Norm
Just a minor misstep.
new_coke.jpg

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

Sponsored

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
The new Bronko is awesome

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I just joined

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
This is the only spec for the Aztec!

Also please get the tent that pops out the ass... definitely the best feature.
I always thought that was an external airbag to stop someone from rear ending you.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
The "E" in the Mach E stands for "EW!" And, boys and girls, they all are automatic.
jbiBkwY.gif
It's not even automatic: It just doesn't shift gears. Like most electric vehicles, it has a reduction gear with a fixed ratio.
Good news: If you own a Mach-E you can tell your gearhead buddies it has a 9.05 rear end. 👍
It can go over 100mph because it can spin the motor(s) over 13,000rpm.
It's geared short for city driving, and that also serves the ever-important 0-60 test.

If you take it on the highway, it will probably lose efficiency due to spinning the motor so fast, just like any other EV.

People who drank the Tesla cool-aid carry on about how the motor has such a broad RPM range it doesn't need to shift gears. Tesla doesn't like everyone to know that they did see an advantage to shifting gears, tried to develop a 2-speed automatic for their cars, and failed. They failed at it, so they resumed the story that they don't need it. Their travel range is great at 35mph and 4000rpm, terrible at 75mph at 8,700rpm or whatever it is.

Porsche also saw an advantage to shifting gears, and their EV has a 2-speed transmission.
I think Tesla said "You can't make a viable transmission for something with this much torque"
and Porsche engineers were like "Hold mein bier". :beer: 😁

Where many EVs are tiny things with ruthlessly utilitarian amounts of power, and the Tesla and Porsche EVs are mostly novelties for rich people, the Mach-E is somewhere in between.
I don't mind that it shares styling cues with the Mustang, though I also want to know how drunk the committee had to be to put the Mustang name on it.
I also don't understand why it needs so much ground clearance - Is someone going to drive it in snow when anybody who knows anything knows weather that cold is bad for batteries?
And why the **** did it have to have "electronically controlled" door handles? Hasn't the world figured out that Tesla's electric door handles are the least reliable part of their car? And maybe not something to emulate?

Last edited:

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I wouldn't mind parking one next to my GT, and would really like to park this one next to it. It would make a great weekend racer.

Mache.jpg

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I wouldn't mind parking one next to my GT, and would really like to park this one next to it. It would make a great weekend racer.

Mache.jpg
I wouldn't mind making this a weekend racer either, a nice solid low 8 second 1/4 mile car.

MustangCobraJet.jpg