Sponsored

Had the misfortune of being at the head end of a 5-car pileup...

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Thanks... wouldn’t have figured that out... still don’t understand it lol.
The fact that you don't recognize that pattern seems to indicate that you're a diehard manual trans guy. I admire that! :D
Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
You mean tied for most important with how the car fared in the accident, right? :D
true... 4K later lol

No... P-ark R-everse N-eutral D-rive L-ow.
Usually how older cars had the gear selector labeled in automatic cars. Not a perfect image but replace then 2 and 1 with the L.

upload_2020-7-11_7-33-7.jpeg
got ya!

The fact that you don't recognize that pattern seems to indicate that you're a diehard manual trans guy. I admire that! :D
That’s true... even the old column shifters were set up that way!

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
No PRNDL knowledge? Must watch the Green Acres clip provided.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Very original custom license plate. I'd use NO PRNDM, which is more common now :).

Sponsored

OP
OP
David Schmidt

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
Very original custom license plate. I'd use NO PRNDM, which is more common now :).
Thanks. My two girls, more in tune with popular culture than me, still refer to automatics as "PRNDLs", so that's good enough for me. They both can drive stick (as can my wife), so this fits us pretty well.

I just wish I had the presence of mind to GTF out of the way when I saw car #4 coming at me in the rear view mirror... I just remember thinking, "there's no way that thing is going to stop in time... bang"

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Hindsight assumes you had time to think that way David, you didn’t and the Jag must have been moving at a good clip to cause that long of a push. OR, and I see this way too much, people stop at lights right on my tail, leaving no room when seconds count. I was taught to stop far back enough to see their license plate. Keep us posted on the repairs, that sucks for a lot of people.

ravenofpoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Body parts are expensive on these cars. I’ve seen an unfair number of collisions in my last mustang and one in my current. In my 13 v6 the right tail light was 900 by itself. In my current car, 17 gt pp, the head light was 1100. I’m not surprised that it cost that much.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Body parts are expensive on these cars. I’ve seen an unfair number of collisions in my last mustang and one in my current. In my 13 v6 the right tail light was 900 by itself. In my current car, 17 gt pp, the head light was 1100. I’m not surprised that it cost that much.
that’s why insurance is low because they say it’s cheap to fix... vs. let’s say a Lexus or even an Acura.

Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you came out ok that’s the absolute most important situation. surprised it cost that much from a tap... insurance does pay off in cases like this hopefully she is well insured.

By the way what does your plate mean?

I keep hearing this diminished value claim although not sure how it works...
Stick shift.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
No... P-ark R-everse N-eutral D-rive L-ow.
Usually how older cars had the gear selector labeled in automatic cars. Not a perfect image but replace then 2 and 1 with the L.

upload_2020-7-11_7-33-7.jpeg
I remember when it was P-N-D-2-1-R.

OP
OP
David Schmidt

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
To tie a little bow around this story - the insurance company came back with the diminished value claim offer today: $1,954.32. Pretty close to what Carvana was discounting due to the accident, so we're just going to take that money and run. I don't plan to sell any time soon, so percentage wise that diminution of value is going to drop over time to the point where we will have come out ahead. The repair was top-notch by a body shop I trust, and there's no (new) rattles to be heard.

Not that I recommend an accident to anyone, but if you do end up in one - don't forget to go after diminished value. They aren't going to come out and offer it up front. You have to ask.
Sponsored