Sponsored

Had enough of aftermarket CAI & HIGH IAT's. So here's my fix.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
All tune revisions will go through a "Quality Control" review per Jon Jr. My advice is keep whatever intake you have and enjoy no lights on the dash.
I agree, or only buy a No Tune Required CAI kit.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@Jons5.0, if you haven’t already, you might want to consider offering a No Tune Required version of the P51 CAI kit. If it EPA comes down hard enough to where no tuners are even touching tunes for I take kits, or people simply want to avoid check engine lights, then it could affect your sales. However, offering a MAF sensor that is already calibrated for the P51, should keep things rolling smoothly for you in the sales dept.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
However, offering a MAF sensor that is already calibrated for the P51,
It uses the stock 18 maf. The housing is a bit smaller. Bet a 15-17 maf would be bang on. Or get a slightly larger housing. Or modify the the ones he has for a larger ID.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I'm not sure your "design" is anything you could protect. What is novel about it? What parts have you specifically designed and manufactured? What is so new and non-obvious about your design?

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah but he said JLT. No CEL lights will come on with a tune for it. Your just scaling tables which wont trigger the CEL.
Re-read what I wrote. Gentleman has LTH with Free flowing exhaust and no CEL currently. Any future tune revisions and a CEL is gonna pop. I am surprised we haven't seen the plethora of "OMG I got a tune revision for my new (insert part here) and now I have a CEL"

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I was told by a local tuner that running LTH with rear o2 sensors may not give a CEL. He was of the opinion that any other configuration would. I can’t stand any kind of trouble lights going off on my dash, so it looks like I’m set where I am for now.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
It is Western Motorsports https://www.wmsracing.com/ in Canada's High Velocity Intake with the optional Ram Air plate. I had one on my 05 GT and loved it. Put it on in 2007 and even had to buy a new filter from them after cleaning a lot of times. I lined the bottom of the plate with high temp foil from Summit, added a rubber seal on the top edge and cut back the hood insulator to match the shape. Worked perfectly. As far as I know, there's nothing like it for the S550 cars. I actually have a spare ram air plate in my garage. I don't think I could adapt my Edelbrock setup to use it without a lot of work though.
1619143554242.png

1619143753771.png

1619143877146.png

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I cant find images of it anymore but there was someone selling an intake that put the filter just behind the radiator or just over it and the intake tube ran straight back to the throttle body.

I shopped up a graphic of how it looked.

download.png
I sent an email to Western Motorsports in Canada and asked if they'd considered building a High Velocity Intake for the S550 [or if it is possible].
1619145149528.png

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I doubt this will fit an S550.
1619145500406.png

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You would need an aftermarket hood. And AFAIK nothing on the market would fit that.

Sponsored

ZM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I've thought about just buying one of the elbows I see on American Muscle, even though they're overpriced. I like the cleaner look too. I've always gone back to the stock box whenever I tried aftermarket intakes. The PMAS I had on my old car was a huge disappointment because it sounded awesome but made my car about a half second slower in the 1/4 mile after sitting in the staging lanes. IATs kill power like crazy
That’s where I’m at now.. just don’t know if it would even make a difference and be worth the money at all

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
You would need an aftermarket hood. And AFAIK nothing on the market would fit that.
Talked with Western Motorsports and they agreed it just won't fit.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
That’s where I’m at now.. just don’t know if it would even make a difference and be worth the money at all
FWIW I'm running the no-tune PMAS on my car right now and the power delivery is a lot better than on my old car. Doing some street tests seems to be the same or maybe 1mph faster traps in the 1/4 mile

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
FWIW I'm running the no-tune PMAS on my car right now and the power delivery is a lot better than on my old car. Doing some street tests seems to be the same or maybe 1mph faster traps in the 1/4 mile
Do you notice any Rev hang with your PMAS (revs hang between 1500-1800 for several seconds before dropping back to normal idle) when coming to a stop? I asked Lund about doing an idle to low speed tune revision and they said it was a characteristic of the PMAS (turbulence) and nothing a tune would be able to correct. Car runs great aside from this little annoying issue.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Do you notice any Rev hang with your PMAS (revs hang between 1500-1800 for several seconds before dropping back to normal idle) when coming to a stop? I asked Lund about doing an idle to low speed tune revision and they said it was a characteristic of the PMAS (turbulence) and nothing a tune would be able to correct. Car runs great aside from this little annoying issue.
Not at all
Sponsored