Had and H pipe installed today

OP
OP

mliebs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I tired doing a sound clip but it didn't sound anywhere near what it does in person. I couldn't be happier with the sound, it's really deep and doesn't have any rasp.
Sponsored

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
I tired doing a sound clip but it didn't sound anywhere near what it does in person. I couldn't be happier with the sound, it's really deep and doesn't have any rasp.
Great choice! I did the Magnaflow Comp AB + H-Pipe and also am happy with the result. No rasp and bleats like a giant angry goat under WOT.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Great choice! I did the Magnaflow Comp AB + H-Pipe and also am happy with the result. No rasp and bleats like a giant angry goat under WOT.
Don't the comp MF drone like crazy though?

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
Don't the comp MF drone like crazy though?
If in 6th @ 1500-1700rpm and under lots of load it drones pretty good.

With how I drive on the highway on the 3.73's, it isn't too bad.

Any drone and I drop to 5th, get the speed up a bit and go back to 6th.

For the people who like to cruise along at a nice lower rpm and hate that shifting back and forth, I can see how it would get annoying.

Sponsored

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I run Steedaā€™s H-Pipe with my Roush Axle Backs on my 17 and it sounds awesome!

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
16 GT PP with x and stock mufflers. No drone or rasp, deep rumble at idle and I'm always being complemented on how it sounds at mid-throttle and WOT.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I have the steeda H pipe on my 16 CS with stock mufflers and I love the sound. Prob a bit quieter than yours though, but mine seems just right. To me...
Iā€™m thinking of putting your setup (h-pipe otherwise stock) on my 17. Not too loud? I donā€™t want to annoy my neighbors but itā€™s just too quiet stock...

MajHazrd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Package
I have 2 bullet glass packs in place of the resonator and Pype Bombs for tips instead of mufflers. I also had 26" pipe installed in parallel with the Pype Bombs as a Helmholtz 1/4 wave to cancel any drone. It sounds great, deep tone with good rap. On the track, the guys say it sounds like its angry.:rockon: Yet quiet enough to drive everyday and all day.

I didn't put an H or X pipe in. The guys on RoadKill's Engine Masters ran an X pipe, H pipe and just two straight pipes to the same mufflers on the Dyno and they only saw 2 HP difference between the three different types.
They said with the H pipe in particular doesn't have any affect at high rpm, because of the high velocity of the exhaust, it flows right past the the H pipe opening. The X pipe may have some scavenging effect, but only saw a 2 HP gain.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
Iā€™m thinking of putting your setup (h-pipe otherwise stock) on my 17. Not too loud? I donā€™t want to annoy my neighbors but itā€™s just too quiet stock...
It made it just a bit louder, it wont annoy your neighbors at all. In my humble opinion of course....

Sponsored

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
It made it just a bit louder, it wont annoy your neighbors at all. In my humble opinion of course....
Did it leave you wanting more? (than just the resonator delete)