Had a nice big slice of humble pie yesterday

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
I got used to the hot summers, it was chilly, i didn't let these shitty Pzeros heat up enough before giving it full send in track mode... and a curb decided to object.

behold... my shame:
IMG_20231015_175104537_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231015_175031750.jpg

IMG_20231015_175028301.jpg
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Woof!!! That is some pretty good curb rash. Just say "my wife drove it to the grocery store" and learn your lesson!!!! Also, time to get new rims which is a win win ;)

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Do you think you did any damage to anything other than the wheel?

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I thought the Pirelli summer tire comments were overly dramatic until my rear end did an unintended lane change one crisp fall morning. Thankfully there was nobody around so I just caught the car and had myself a bewildered moment but that came down to luck alone. May your wheel rest in peace but glad everything else turned out OK.

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Do you think you did any damage to anything other than the wheel?
wheel bearing. got an oem replacement on the way from LMR and the wheel fix is only 125 so all in all like 375 for the whole oopsie. wheel is at the fixer now and the bearing should be here tomorrow. i'm gonna get fresh tires while im at it.

so after thinking about it i know what i did wrong. I made the mistake of full send and doing the 1-2 shift during a slight curve on nearly dead pzero tires and from the looks of it the alignment has been off from the factory cause one is a lot more dead than the other.

so, i'm gonna have an alignment done with some steeda rear camber bolts to hopefully get it all dialed in easily.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
so after thinking about it i know what i did wrong. I made the mistake of full send and doing the 1-2 shift during a slight curve on nearly dead pzero tires
Yep don't do that. Try to avoid upshifting with any steering angle, if you're going to be giving it any heavy throttle. Ask me how I know.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I don't think the alignment had anything to do with that F U.
Yep. User error. It happens. Learn and move on from it. The upshift caused sudden weight transfer and when combined with steering angle produced the unintended result.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Woof!!! That is some pretty good curb rash. Just say "my wife drove it to the grocery store" and learn your lesson!!!! Also, time to get new rims which is a win win ;)
My wife is the only person I will allow to "full send" my car... IDK about you but if anyone is going to crash 600whp, it's going to be the insured people....

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
i don't think reading is your forte.
I don't think sarcasm is a service you recognize :)

If it makes you feel better, I fucked up brand new rims the DAY i got them by taking them to an automatic carwash... And when I tried to fix them, I shook the paint without the lid on and cried/screamed for my wife to bring a wet towel so I could get the black paint off my green car... And my face... Yup... I fucked up.
Sponsored