Sponsored

Gurney Flap Bolts Question............................

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Iam sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find the answer. I have on order the Handling Package for my new 2020 Shelby GT 500 and there has been some discussion on using the "Long Bolts" and not the "Short Bolts" for installation. My question is does FORD send both sizes of bolts with the car??? If NOT then what size bolts do I need to go out and buy??? And how many??? Iam getting my car from a very small dealership and I know they don't sell hardly any of these types of cars so I need all the help I can get. And I just want to say that all of you guys have been and continue to be a "True Lifesaver" of great knowledge about this really great finely crafted car. I can't wait till the factory starts back up soon as I should get built fairly soon thereafter. I was "originally scheduled for March 23rd" and then the virus hit all of us. I do have my VIN and just waiting patiently. THANK YOU AGAIN.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Iam sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find the answer. I have on order the Handling Package for my new 2020 Shelby GT 500 and there has been some discussion on using the "Long Bolts" and not the "Short Bolts" for installation. My question is does FORD send both sizes of bolts with the car??? If NOT then what size bolts do I need to go out and buy??? And how many??? Iam getting my car from a very small dealership and I know they don't sell hardly any of these types of cars so I need all the help I can get. And I just want to say that all of you guys have been and continue to be a "True Lifesaver" of great knowledge about this really great finely crafted car. I can't wait till the factory starts back up soon as I should get built fairly soon thereafter. I was "originally scheduled for March 23rd" and then the virus hit all of us. I do have my VIN and just waiting patiently. THANK YOU AGAIN.
The car comes with the shorter bolts already in place on the spoiler (as plugs). The Gurney flap comes with the required longer bolts.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
The car comes with the shorter bolts already in place on the spoiler (as plugs). The Gurney flap comes with the required longer bolts.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH JMEO. I really appreciate it very much. Iam thinking more and more about this fine car as the days go on. Getting very excited about the whole process.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
THANK YOU VERY MUCH JMEO. I really appreciate it very much. Iam thinking more and more about this fine car as the days go on. Getting very excited about the whole process.
There is a lot to be excited for buddy. Good times are coming, enjoy.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
This thread may help.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2019-spoiler-replacement-gurney-screws.137740/

Sponsored

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Caballus; May I have everyone's permission please to use all caps????? AH IAM GOING CRAZY---AFTER READING THRU ALL 6 PAGES ON YOUR LINK AND SEEING DOZENS OF "DIFFERENT OPINIONS" ON SIZES, LENGTHS, METRIC THIS AND TORQ THAT----IAM NOW OFFICIALLY C R A Z Y!!!!!!!!!!! I GUESS I'LL WAIT TILL THE CAR SHOWS UP AND DEAL WITH IT THEN. MY POINT BEING THERE WAS NOT A "DEFINITIVE" ON THE ACTUAL SIZE NEEDED. I CAN JUST SEE IT NOW WHEN THE DEALER SAYS "NO PROB, WE'LL JUST HAVE OUR PARTS RUNNER GO DOWN TO HOME DEPOT AND PICK SOMETHING UP--WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Caballus; May I have everyone's permission please to use all caps????? AH IAM GOING CRAZY---AFTER READING THRU ALL 6 PAGES ON YOUR LINK AND SEEING DOZENS OF "DIFFERENT OPINIONS" ON SIZES, LENGTHS, METRIC THIS AND TORQ THAT----IAM NOW OFFICIALLY C R A Z Y!!!!!!!!!!! I GUESS I'LL WAIT TILL THE CAR SHOWS UP AND DEAL WITH IT THEN. MY POINT BEING THERE WAS NOT A "DEFINITIVE" ON THE ACTUAL SIZE NEEDED. I CAN JUST SEE IT NOW WHEN THE DEALER SAYS "NO PROB, WE'LL JUST HAVE OUR PARTS RUNNER GO DOWN TO HOME DEPOT AND PICK SOMETHING UP--WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK.
I hear you ChuckXX.

However, the problem is not knowing the size. The problem is not all come with both sizes (10mm short and 15mm long--for Gurney).

Moreover, the OEM fasteners cannot be ordered separately, so far.

I was lucky and received both--short and long. Some are not so lucky, probably because dealers open the Gurney package and should not.

So, as you noted, it's best to wait until you get the car. You are likely to get both. Best to speak to your dealer beforehand to ensure everything remains intact.

Will save your capslocks in the longrun...

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
It is like Jaime (Jmeo) said, the short screws come from the factory installed in the spoiler and act as plugs. The longer ones come with the Gurney Flap.

These are pictures of my spoiler, I did not order the handling package.

P5110236.JPG

P5110237.JPG

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
It is like Jaime (Jmeo) said, the short screws come from the factory installed in the spoiler and act as plugs. The longer ones come with the Gurney Flap.

These are pictures of my spoiler, I did not order the handling package.

P5110236.JPG

P5110237.JPG
Earl; In my humble opinion its too bad that the factory didn't send you black ones. They would have blended in better.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
THOSE ARE BLACK.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Earl; In my humble opinion its too bad that the factory didn't send you black ones. They would have blended in better.
They are black, just not painted black. They aren't very noticeable in person.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
They are black, but the camera flash makes them look shiny and bleaches out the black color.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I ordered some security hardware to replace my Flap screws. Should come today and I'll see how well it works.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase