Sponsored

GT500 vs ZLE

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
60-130 is not a 1/4 mile, and show me ANYWHERE that will allow a dragy or vbox submission (did u know vbox is one the most inaccurate gps) to count for the 1/4 mile.

Ill wait

I have a VBox Laptimer and all the data from the laptimer was almost identical with the MyLaps transponder I'd use on the roadcourse. So it is pretty much dead on. I never heard of anyone saying VBox is inaccurate??? Could you please clarify your comment?
Sponsored

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
It really should get moved to the vs subforum. I think there’s more Camaro guys posting here than the Camaro forum!
GT500 has generated a lot of excitement for good reason. It's a very badass car and killing the mustang stereotype. I think more often than not, a camaro owner is perceived as a "camaro guy", but really they are car guys that happen to own a camaro... and are on this forum looking to decide if their next car might be a mustang. Brand loyalty only makes sense if you're an employee or stock holder. Let's hope the CFTP car DESTROYS the ZLE in most tests and gives us ZLE owners a new option for higher performance.

SCCA Racer #75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 on order, 2019 GT3RS, 2002 C5 Z06
GT500 has generated a lot of excitement for good reason. It's a very badass car and killing the mustang stereotype. I think more often than not, a camaro owner is perceived as a "camaro guy", but really they are car guys that happen to own a camaro... and are on this forum looking to decide if their next car might be a mustang. Brand loyalty only makes sense if you're an employee or stock holder. Let's hope the CFTP car DESTROYS the ZLE in most tests and gives us ZLE owners a new option for higher performance.
Exactly the case... but I do love the multiple LOSSES that the GT500 is getting when racing the ZLE!! It sends all the blue oval fanbois into a frenzy!!! :crackup: Especially when you figured the ZLE is $55K for low mile used all day... and sub $65K new... taking it to the $100K 2 seat mustang. :punch:

While I might consider a CFTP car when they get a bit more reasonable... the blindness and lack of respect to 'other car makes' in here is 2nd to none. :yawn: Well... maybe it's 2nd to Camaro based on the skid pad and handling tests! :cwl:

Dave

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Yes, I agree totally. If the GT500 gets trashed by the ZLE then GM won't improve the Camaro with the LT5. So GO GT500 GO. Kick Camaro ASS!!!!!!

Sponsored

waterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZLE, 2013 Honda Si, Grandad's 67 C2 L89
LT5 is just sitting in the parts bin. There are no plans what so ever to power C8 with it.

If Camaro survives electrification and someone at GM has the balls (LT5) to do it, any perceived advantage for 500 on big straights are lost. LT5 is a simple, already sitting on the shelf and uncomplicated refit. It takes weeks, not 3+ years.

Speaking of LT5, remember that a C7 ZR1 piloted by an engineer (Mero) smoked a GT piloted by a GTLM pro (Johnson) at VIR(west) by 1.37 sec (ZR1 $140k vs. GT $480K + an accepted application).

V6??? Really? Ford, you ain't Weissach! An FE aluminum component blown pushrod V8 shaming a state of the art carbon tubbed DOHC FPC at 1/4 of the price?

Is that why Ford pulled out of GTLM? The bottom line is the highest priority for a for profit venture, not me or you. I get it; Do you?

I digress, If Camaro is ditched, all fans of the future of the American pony (modern USA sports) car lose. GT500 (mk6) was Fords response to the ZL1. If ZL1 goes away... Ford gets lazy and has no incentive to rise to the top. It ain't personal, making cars is a for profit business, if the bean counters see no need to improve to counter their competition, why do it? The Big 3 are stinking rich and don't care about you, they are in the business of manufacturing and selling cars. Please recall that this is the same company that electrified an SUV and called it a Mustang...Sacrilege.

Back to my original point, there are already serious doubts that GT500 CF can run with a ZLE (ON CIRCUIT), especially on a technical circuit. It is well documented here that many fanboys value a comfortable ride over performance. Ford listened to you, the compromise is that CF has sexy wheels and aero, but is soft enough so that it doesn't chafe your sensitive back sides. Reaping and sowing I suppose.

Food for thought; If GM adds 755/715 to Alpha/DSSV, IMHO whatever chance that 500 had, even at RA and COTA are deleted. VIR and Road Atlanta are way too technical for the fat girl 500 on greasy, hero lap Michelins to persevere more than one hero lap.

Let the hate fast begin. Give it to me. I can handle.

(NOTE; I am able to express my opinions without attacking others personally and without using profanity).

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
LT5 is just sitting in the parts bin. There are no plans what so ever to power C8 with it.

If Camaro survives electrification and someone at GM has the balls (LT5) to do it, any perceived advantage for 500 on big straights are lost. LT5 is a simple, already sitting on the shelf and uncomplicated refit. It takes weeks, not 3+ years.

Speaking of LT5, remember that a C7 ZR1 piloted by an engineer (Mero) smoked a GT piloted by a GTLM pro (Johnson) at VIR(west) by 1.37 sec (ZR1 $140k vs. GT $480K + an accepted application).

V6??? Really? Ford, you ain't Weissach! An FE aluminum component blown pushrod V8 shaming a state of the art carbon tubbed DOHC FPC at 1/4 of the price?

Is that why Ford pulled out of GTLM? The bottom line is the highest priority for a for profit venture, not me or you. I get it; Do you?

I digress, If Camaro is ditched, all fans of the future of the American pony (modern USA sports) car lose. GT500 (mk6) was Fords response to the ZL1. If ZL1 goes away... Ford gets lazy and has no incentive to rise to the top. It ain't personal, making cars is a for profit business, if the bean counters see no need to improve to counter their competition, why do it? The Big 3 are stinking rich and don't care about you, they are in the business of manufacturing and selling cars. Please recall that this is the same company that electrified an SUV and called it a Mustang...Sacrilege.

Back to my original point, there are already serious doubts that GT500 CF can run with a ZLE (ON CIRCUIT), especially on a technical circuit. It is well documented here that many fanboys value a comfortable ride over performance. Ford listened to you, the compromise is that CF has sexy wheels and aero, but is soft enough so that it doesn't chafe your sensitive back sides. Reaping and sowing I suppose.

Food for thought; If GM adds 755/715 to Alpha/DSSV, IMHO whatever chance that 500 had, even at RA and COTA are deleted. VIR and Road Atlanta are way too technical for the fat girl 500 on greasy, hero lap Michelins to persevere more than one hero lap.

(NOTE; I am able to express my opinions without attacking others personally and without using profanity).
CrossIng my fingers they don’t kill the Camaro off AGAIN. But.......you know it’s coming.:)And Ford was making 500hp Mustangs while the Camaro was canceled the last tIme around. You boys always seam to forget that for some reason. I love listening to Chevy fanbois talk about how they move things forward. You guys have been playing catch up since 1964. When it comes to pony cars. And nothing has changed. Mustang is the leading selling sports car in the world. Meanwhile you guys are writing letters to GM begging them to not cancel the Camaro. Remember 2003-2009? ahhhh the good old days when they couldn’t sell Camaros. History is a mother f#$ker for you Chevy fanbois. And it always seams to repeat its self. No hate here. I actually feel a little sorry for you guys. Y’all are fans of the greatest cars on earth. (According to you) That nobody wants. And Chevy can’t give them away. Even with 20% discounts. Just think about that. TWENTY PERCENT! Perplexing ain’t it? Quality post by the way. Thanks for stopping by.:wink:( Note, Maybe I’ll pitch in and send GM one of those letters also. It’s probably a waste of time. But I’ll do my part.)

Last edited:

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

True, it won't take 3+ years !! Really?? People that think that are people that are wanting its postponement so the Mustang can, uh, rule. The LT5 has already been put in a Camaro by Hennessey and how long did that take? Not long. And it works just fine. It is the same engine with a bigger blower so the hole in the top of the ZL1 is already there to move upwards for expansion of a bigger blower, duh? Why do you think GM did that? I know Hennessey made it 1200hp and GM won't do that. So it is a shoe in. So the "extra" to go with the LT5 already exists, brakes, cooling, coilovers, probably same Tremec, same cross plane motor. Let's face it, going from 650 to 755 is not much in weight. The GT500 hp was a huge leap from 526 to 760 and re-engineered to use cross plane from FPC and a lot of extra weight.

Go GT500, trash the ZLE. I know you can do it!!

upload_2020-1-25_8-48-3.png

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
True, it won't take 3+ years !! Really?? People that think that are people that are wanting its postponement so the Mustang can, uh, rule. The LT5 has already been put in a Camaro by Hennessey and how long did that take? Not long. And it works just fine. It is the same engine with a bigger blower so the hole in the top of the ZL1 is already there to move upwards for expansion of a bigger blower, duh? Why do you think GM did that? I know Hennessey made it 1200hp and GM won't do that. So it is a shoe in. So the "extra" to go with the LT5 already exists, brakes, cooling, coilovers, probably same Tremec, same cross plane motor. Let's face it, going from 650 to 755 is not much in weight. The GT500 hp was a huge leap from 526 to 760 and re-engineered to use cross plane from FPC and a lot of extra weight.

Go GT500, trash the ZLE. I know you can do it!!

upload_2020-1-25_8-48-3.png
Why are you referencing an aftermarket Camaro. The LT5 Camaro doesn't exist. Chevy doesn't upgrade present Gen models with power upgrades so unless there is a 7th Gen I wouldn't expect any upgrade to a LT5 but you already knew that right. Just my opinion but I think all of Chevy's focus is on the Corvette with GS, Z06, and maybe ZR1 upcomoing models. The Camaro sales continue to struggle so why would Chevy dump even more investment money into the present model, will an LT5 increase sales? Either they step up with a 7th Gen or let it die off.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

Would love to see the LT5 in a ZLE. And I'd be taking a serious look at it too.

It's better that the big 3 are stinking rich to be honest. Struggling corporations don't bother with developing the high end level of their base pony cars. Well, unless that base pony isn't a good seller to begin with...
Sponsored

Last edited: