Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It obviously wasnt important to Ford, the ones who designed and built the car..... you know, the ones who marketed it to people like you.

Oh, that's right, it wasn't designed, built or marketed as a 200mph+ car. I guess Ford missed the mark.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra (sold), '08 Viper (sold), '20 GT500
It’s a holly shit I went 18x, 190x, 2xx mph balls to the wall metric. Fun meter pegged for some. Obviously not for your metric, but some really enjoy going fast in a straight line.
It’s what makes the world go round. Different strokes for different folks.
Yep, never broken 200mph in a car. Would be a cool thing to check off a list just for the hell of it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yep, never broken 200mph in a car. Would be a cool thing to check off a list just for the hell of it.
All you have to do is remove the speed limiter (and find a stretch long enough). The car will do it stock. I hit the limiter every time on the front stretch in Daytona no problem. As stated, by someone else, the car has more.

May I add, lol, that doing something on the street would be foolish. Going that fast, some serious prep work should be done on the car.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
It obviously wasnt important to Ford, the ones who designed and built the car..... you know, the ones who marketed it to people like you.

Oh, that's right, it wasn't designed, built or marketed as a 200mph+ car. I guess Ford missed the mark.
Who exactly is or are as you put it “people like you?” Car enthusiasts who don’t live by metrics or engineers who do?
Just curious. Life is not measured by a metric. Let me rephrase that. Most people do not live by following metrics. Some people, like me, like to have fun without worrying about metrics. It’s fun or it ain’t. I don’t need a metric to tell me what’s fun for me.
Yes engineers used a metric to create the car and build it. That has some impact on how people enjoy the car due to design limitations obviously, but has zero bearing for most on how they enjoy the car. Meaning most don’t give a rats ass what metric was used to make the car if it does what they want to or more.
You may need a metric to justify whatever, but most don’t live in your world. Again, different strokes for different folks. Not knocking what you do or how you do it, just don’t mock others because they don’t follow your metric. Or do. It’s your world and apparently we are all living in it.
That’s all.

Last edited:

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra (sold), '08 Viper (sold), '20 GT500
All you have to do is remove the speed limiter (and find a stretch long enough). The car will do it stock. I hit the limiter every time on the front stretch in Daytona no problem. As stated, by someone else, the car has more.

May I add, lol, that doing something on the street would be foolish. Going that fast, some serious prep work should be done on the car.
Realistically... Something like this I would only attempt at the Johnny Bohmer Proving Grounds or something similar. I always knew that car definitely had 200+ in it judging how quickly it gets up to the governed speed.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Who exactly is or are as you put it “people like you?”
People who want to go over 200 for the sake of it. Geesh. Grouchy today?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Realistically... Something like this I would only attempt at the Johnny Bohmer Proving Grounds or something similar. I always knew that car definitely had 200+ in it judging how quickly it gets up to the governed speed.
Absolutely. To go that fast you can't have anything go wrong. It could be very fatal.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
People who want to go over 200 for the sake of it. Geesh. Grouchy today?
Lol. Not even close. Found out Friday I’m going to be a grandpa for the second time. My Aggies beat Bama, the Astros are up 2 games to none, and the Cowboys are going to beat the Giants tonight.
Being retired is awesome.
Life is good.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Lol. Not even close. Found out Friday I’m going to be a grandpa for the second time. My Aggies beat Bama, the Astros are up 2 games to none, and the Cowboys are going to beat the Giants tonight.
Being retired is awesome.
Life is good.
Excellent.

I'm having a good day too.

Cheers

20211010_164501.jpg

Sponsored

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
IT was a minor dispute of FOMOCO "NEVER SAID THE 2020 GT500 would go 200MPH .
I put the link I found among several that said the 2018 GT500 would go 200 mph . Basically a "Pissing Contest" that got out of hand . NO BIG DEAL .....Junqdawg