Sponsored

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
Tell us all about how many '13/'14 owners were able to get their stock vehicle over the 200mph threshold - hint, not a single one. That said, the last GT500 was an utter dog at the track.

capture 7.JPG

Capture9.JPG

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a23319884/lightning-lap-times-historical-data/

Sixteen seconds per lap is an utter eternity. Boy did they ever go cheap back in '13/'14. Basically those owners were lied to about real world top speed. And you couldn't get the car in an automatic. What a sham that "effort" was.
This is an indicated 200 mph, the next mark past 190 is 200. It takes a lot
of distance though. Ford tested the 2013 GT 500 at 202 mph at the 7.8 mile
Nardo Test Track in Italy. Not a fast car at VIR, but IMO a great road car, especially
if you live in Germany, or could turn the clock back to pre 1974 Nevada and Montana.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I know you remember this one...

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
I know you remember this one...

Tob, I watched that one about five or 6 times before I decided to
buy my 3700 mile used 2014. IMO really a great road car, you can
pass almost anyone, at anytime, in any gear, it pulls from 1000/1200
rpm. The front end does not scrape everything in sight either, but you
still have to watch what you're doing. Randy suggested MT continue
their test on I-40, where the straights are longer. Chrysler bought that
test track from Ford, and I believe Porsche bought the Nardo Ring from
Fiat.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Hey, I loved my S197 GT500. The context of my point with this one isn't really to poke fun at the '13/'14 but rather to make it clear as to the distinction between a car that had a rather narrow focus and one that is multi faceted. Anyone that sees the effort on the S550 GT500 as not meeting the metric the '13/'14 tried to attain, lacks a bit of understanding as to what it's intended purpose is.

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
Hey, I loved my S197 GT500. The context of my point with this one isn't really to poke fun at the '13/'14 but rather to make it clear as to the distinction between a car that had a rather narrow focus and one that is multi faceted. Anyone that sees the effort on the S550 GT500 as not meeting the metric the '13/'14 tried to attain, lacks a bit of understanding as to what it's intended purpose is.
Agreed.

Sponsored

Peter733

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
189 mph - is that what you were able to get the speedo to readout before the limiter cut in or is that without the limiter? The speedo readout (esp. at that speed) is probably not very accurate so I'd be curious what the true GPS tracked speed was at that time.

If 189 mph is accurate, then I guess I underestimated the additional drag of the GT500 over the ZL1.
I ra

Peter733

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
189 mph - is that what you were able to get the speedo to readout before the limiter cut in or is that without the limiter? The speedo readout (esp. at that speed) is probably not very accurate so I'd be curious what the true GPS tracked speed was at that time.

If 189 mph is accurate, then I guess I underestimated the additional drag of the GT500 over the ZL1.
No limiter I ran out room, I didn't use my draggy so don't know how accurate the speedo is. I will be making some more runs once the weather gets warmer and I will use the draggy to compare the speeds

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Did it feel like it had some left? I got my 2019 Charger Hell cat to 181 and ran out of room. There was plenty left in that car it felt like. Car was very planted and stable also.
No limiter I ran out room, I didn't use my draggy so don't know how accurate the speedo is. I will be making some more runs once the weather gets warmer and I will use the draggy to compare the speeds

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
Did it feel like it had some left? I got my 2019 Charger Hell cat to 181 and ran out of room. There was plenty left in that car it felt like. Car was very planted and stable also.
I think I read a test somewhere on a Charger Hellcat where the car
averaged 204 mph going two directions. I was also at The Mojave
Magnum (1.5 miles) in 2018, a stock Charger Hellcat easily did 191 mph,
but that exceeded his tech speed (no extra safety gear) by 1 mph, so his
speed was not recorded. I talked to the owner of that Charger, he said
he started out in 2nd gear. He said his digital speedometer indicated
190 mph, but the official timers, said he exceeded his tech speed and
suggested he slow down 1 mph, so evidently his speedo was reading
1 mph slow. They had very accurate timing there.

Also the wind was usually a factor at Mojave, as you can see how far
Valerie gets blown sideways near the finish line.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wolf32v

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Also the ZL1 will do well over 190 which is faster then GT500 and it is very close in preformance to the GT500 on the track. It is also much cheaper then GT500. The ZL1 can give the same track performance and a higher Top Speed then a the GT500 while being just as track focused. So why did Ford charge so much is the only point I'm making. Its like the Explorer its way out its price ranger for what they give us. I think Ford lately is price gouging its customer charging more while giving us less. The only thing the GT500 does better than the ZL1 is it quicker to speed but is that worth 20 grand more.

here also is a the 2014 GT500 doing 200 mph

Last edited:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Because the 500 is the better car. Less you forget the DCT on top of that.
No where is my troll spray????
The Explorer is better than anything in its class as well.

Also the ZL1 will do well over 190 which is faster then GT500 and it is very close in preformance to the GT500 on the track. It is also much cheaper then GT500. The ZL1 can give the same track performance and a higher Top Speed then a the GT500 while being just as track focused. So why did Ford charge so much is the only point I'm making. Its like the Explorer its way out its price ranger for what they give us. I think Ford lately is price gouging its customer charging more while giving us less. The only thing the GT500 does better than the ZL1 is it quicker to speed but is that worth 20 grand more.

here also is a the 2014 GT500 doing 200 mph
Sponsored