daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was pretty much in the same boat, expect I was looking at a local 2012 GT500. I really wanted the GT500 because Shelby.. but I had a lot of more knowledgeable people telling me the S550 was a much nicer driving car... I would say about 70% said get the GT and mod it vs 30% saying they would get the GT500.. but after test driving my GT, I took it home that day.. in the end, it was brand new, cheaper, better driving car and can be made to be faster when I am ready. But it will never get the attention a GT500 will get, but I don't care about that.. some people like the attention though. Also the GT500 will hold its value much better in the future... I plan on keeping mine until I can't drive anymore anyways, so that also did not matter to me.
Sponsored

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
The 13/14 GT500 will someday command more $$$ than 20-22 GT500 in my opinion. They are the most powerful manual GT500 ever built and have the retro styling. Anyone looking for a car to buy and hold for the purpose of an investment, a 13/14 GT500 should be on your short list. A 12/13 Boss as well.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
I have to say, I didn't follow the Mustang in detail as I was thinking about buying one for the last several years. I liked the way it looks and what I'd heard about the way the GT drove (stock).

I didn't really know that you could stick a supercharger on it and get 750hp. That's remarkable to me, that the car is otherwise capable of handling that much power.

OP
OP

atjstballin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you decide on the S550, Whipple would be and is my choice on my 2020 GT, GT350 and F150. Comparing it to the Roush is comparing the best PD supercharger available for the S550 to the least desireable option. The Whipple Iis physically larger at 3.0L of displacement compared to 2.65 so it ultimately has more power potential if you ever want push it’s limits or a built motor ever becomes part of your plan. It also has a more efficient rotor design that makes more power per pound of boost. It has a larger intercooler and better cooling system that isn’t nearly as prone to heat soak as the Roush. If I hadn’t bought Whipples, I would have gone with Edelbrock or VMP Odin long before I would ever consider Roush (I would go centrifugal before Roush) for their bigger top mounted intercooles and better cooling systems even though they share the same rotor pack as the Roush.
Whipple is my first option for boosting the s550 at this point IF I do go with that.
Thanks!

OP
OP

atjstballin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
A mint low mile 13/14 GT500 will increase in value if kept nice and a blown GT will decrease in value.
Ah yes, the value aspect haha, was thinking about that...

Sponsored

OP
OP

atjstballin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I was pretty much in the same boat, expect I was looking at a local 2012 GT500. I really wanted the GT500 because Shelby.. but I had a lot of more knowledgeable people telling me the S550 was a much nicer driving car... I would say about 70% said get the GT and mod it vs 30% saying they would get the GT500.. but after test driving my GT, I took it home that day.. in the end, it was brand new, cheaper, better driving car and can be made to be faster when I am ready. But it will never get the attention a GT500 will get, but I don't care about that.. some people like the attention though. Also the GT500 will hold its value much better in the future... I plan on keeping mine until I can't drive anymore anyways, so that also did not matter to me.
I like your view on things, although, not sure how long I will hold this car..
I guess well see! haha!

OP
OP

atjstballin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The 13/14 GT500 will someday command more $$$ than 20-22 GT500 in my opinion. They are the most powerful manual GT500 ever built and have the retro styling. Anyone looking for a car to buy and hold for the purpose of an investment, a 13/14 GT500 should be on your short list. A 12/13 Boss as well.
I was thinking about the BOSS but there hard to come by lol.
They have coyote gen 2 internals which is great for BOOST.

OP
OP

atjstballin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I have to say, I didn't follow the Mustang in detail as I was thinking about buying one for the last several years. I liked the way it looks and what I'd heard about the way the GT drove (stock).

I didn't really know that you could stick a supercharger on it and get 750hp. That's remarkable to me, that the car is otherwise capable of handling that much power.
high power for cheap $$$

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
12/13 Boss cars have tons of character…..Much more than the new Mach, not quite as much as a GT350….but without engine issues. You do get the clunky MT82….which is junk.

OP
OP

atjstballin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
12/13 Boss cars have tons of character…..Much more than the new Mach, not quite as much as a GT350….but without engine issues. You do get the clunky MT82….which is junk.
If I boost a Boss, that tranny will probably go shortly after HAH

Sponsored

NoCo302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
I was thinking about the BOSS but there hard to come by lol.
They have coyote gen 2 internals which is great for BOOST.
I have a Boss with a Whipple and a 14 GT500. Love both but if I had to get rid of one it would probably be the Shelby. I've seen a lot of Bosses for sale lately so they aren't too hard to find and many have low miles and have been pampered

OP
OP

atjstballin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I have a Boss with a Whipple and a 14 GT500. Love both but if I had to get rid of one it would probably be the Shelby. I've seen a lot of Bosses for sale lately so they aren't too hard to find and many have low miles and have been pampered
Nice, how many miles so far with the whipple?
And whats the power to the wheels 650 ish?

NoCo302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
Nice, how many miles so far with the whipple?
And whats the power to the wheels 650 ish?
It’s the Whipple Stage 1 so probably closer to 620-630. I live in Colorado and our emissions follow the same standards as California, so haven’t messed with it. The car is fun to drive, and has stock reliability so it works for me. My car only has 7200 miles on it…I did swap the clutch and shifter so don’t anticipate any transmission problems for awhile. If I turn up the boost and ever decide to race again I might look at a Magnum XL swap.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
I’ve had just about everything, three times lol. Whatever you decide will be awesome! Just don’t settle on color, go cheap on mods (fuel, OPG’s etc) or buy crappy tires.
Sponsored