GT500 markups

SolidZebra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Here in Ontario Canada , markups are crazy . I enquired on a couple last week , One was marked up from $112,775 sticker price to $135,775 dealer price , another with Carbon Track pack was $134,000 sticker selling for $165,000 stealership price .
US market is paradise compared to the rest of the world. In smaller countries just getting an allocation is an achievement, and as I found out yesterday options can be limited for your market as well. I was not able to add the electronics package nor the handling package for my build. And import duties can be huge...creating a 20% price difference vs US prices (here you buy a tax with four wheels and a motor). The good news is I got a slot for Oct or Nov production, with the Recaros and CF interior trim.
Sponsored

stangcrazy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger SRT 392 - I know its not a mustang
Are people seeing this markup solely on in-stock GT500's? Or are these dealers pulling chains for an ordered unit too?

Classic Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 21 Cayman GT4, 2000 Cobra R
Are people seeing this markup solely on in-stock GT500's? Or are these dealers pulling chains for an ordered unit too?
Piggy backing on this question, does anyone know which dealers might have allocations if I wanted to order a 2021 GT500? Can you get an MSRP deal if you order one and wait?

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I just found one coming in dealer stock with no markup and it had all the options I already wanted. Call around to as many dealerships as you can. They are out there.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP

My experience was both in stock and allocations are marked up. No difference. For the carbon fiber trackpack, Average markup I saw was $20,000. Lowest I would see people willing to sell them for was $10,000 over. This was about three months ago. The ones that were willing to sell their cars for $ 10,000 over were cars that were sitting on the showroom floor. Not orderable allocations.

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Piggy backing on this question, does anyone know which dealers might have allocations if I wanted to order a 2021 GT500? Can you get an MSRP deal if you order one and wait?

The short answer is no you cannot get MSRP for a CFTP unless you have significant connections at the dealership. Some people have pulled it off but it is definitely not the norm and MSRP deals are the vast minority.

On a non-carbon fiber trackpack car you could probably get pretty close to MSRP or even MSRP it is much easier.

If you want the base model MSRP deal you just have to basically start calling dealerships and be willing to put money down.

GRStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max, 2021 Mustang GT500
I looked for a lightly optioned car for about 9 months before finding a deal at MSRP. I was looking at ordering and cars on lots both. Got to $5k over on a couple cars but was determined to get MSRP. I finally got the 2nd of 2 allocated to a small local dealer that I was able to order my way. I ordered in January this year, so there was more runway left on production. I think itā€™s only going to get harder to find low markups.

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra (sold), '08 Viper (sold), '20 GT500
I looked for several months last year for the lowest ADM I could find. Lowest I could find was 5 over but it was a spec I was not very interested in. Lost out on several cars with higher ADM that would sell in a day. Finally settled on what I thought was a somewhat reasonable ADM for the spec I was looking for. It was either that or risk a) not finding a car at all b) spend many more months looking.

Doesnā€™t sound like much has changed. Definitely look in smaller rural towns possibly out of state - thatā€™s how I found mine.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
It's dealerships. When I looked at a fully loaded Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy, the dealership stickers are changed to show the MSRP at close to 6-8 thousand higher than the manufactures web site MSRP. They are scum and I told them I would be financially stupid to pay over MSRP on any car, because the second you sign the paper work you don't only immediately lose depreciation on the car but instantly lose money on anything paid over the MSRP.

Classic Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 21 Cayman GT4, 2000 Cobra R
The short answer is no you cannot get MSRP for a CFTP unless you have significant connections at the dealership. Some people have pulled it off but it is definitely not the norm and MSRP deals are the vast minority.

On a non-carbon fiber trackpack car you could probably get pretty close to MSRP or even MSRP it is much easier.

If you want the base model MSRP deal you just have to basically start calling dealerships and be willing to put money down.
I already have a 19 GT350 and love the car. Whatā€™s the general consensus on the CFTP, I guess a lot of guys here really want it? Iā€™m not sure I like the wing and rear seat delete, etc. To me, a ā€˜21 GT500 with the Carbon Fiber handling package, AC seats, would be the superior car?

Sponsored

Don1232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT 500 and 2003 GT Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Add the cftp with painted white stripes, ppf, and ceramic finish. Now how much?

Glenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush,21 CFTP GT500,20 Explorer ST,67 Nova
My dealer just told me, they have a CFTP GT500 with a built date 9 Sept. Is it to late to change the color. He[p don't want rapid red !

Kane00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Past: F40, 512M, 512, Diablo SE30, LM002, 360 Stad
Yes. Once it has a build date it has a VIN and canā€™t be changed. I donā€™t get the fuss with ADM. If you canā€™t afford it or have a ā€œmoralā€ issue, don't buy it. Why the hell would a dealer sell you a car that they know they can make an extra 5-10K. Itā€™s simple supply and demand. Not too complicated.

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
1993 Fox 306, 2020 301A PP2
Vehicle Showcase
The Canadian price on the car AT MSRP is already far higher than the same optioned GT500 in the USD price. But yeah, CAD dealers trying to squeeze than lemon, lots for sale, just re retarded prices. Love the car, loved the GT350R as well (had one on order, cancelled bc of covid uncertainty at the time,). The MSRP price is fair, phat, but atleast orbiting what it's worth. More? Just cray cray... so much more car options out there and best to wait some time.
Sponsored