Sponsored

GT500 Deep Sleep Mode

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Hopefully none of you deal with this, but if you do, its pretty easy. Ive seen/heard of cars going into deep sleep, but ive never let mine actually do it.

I couldnt find a simple straight forward YT video on how to wake up the car from deep sleep mode. Its rather self explanatory, Just didnt want peopel to freak if they go through this and see/hear unusual things during the process.

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Mine was in my neighbors garage for the winter (Nov-Mar) on a battery tender and it went into deep sleep, and yes deep sleep can only be awakened by manual start, not the app or remote start will work. Deep theoretically (correct me if I am wrong) is all the computer and electrical devices like the radio, etc shuts down and preserves the battery so it can be woke up by manual start. but if you go too long in deep sleep then at some point you will have a dead cell. Glad you got it up and running again.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
What were you doing at the 2:40 mark?

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
My 2020 goes into Deep Sleep after a couple of weeks and has done so several times. The car was not driven for over 8 months during winter. The Ford Pass App tells me that it is in Deep Sleep.

I keep it connected to a CTEK Charger and the car has never had an issue starting without a full charge. I have never let it sit idle for extended periods without being connected to a quality electronic battery maintainer like the CTEK. Very easy to connect/disconnect which allows me to use it regularly.

RR

Sponsored

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
What were you doing at the 2:40 mark?
Looks like hes putting a fuse back in cause you hear a click from the car like something locked.
Good Catch, I wondered who would ask first
Thats where my triple fuel pumps and Trunk mounted ice tank pump are ran. Since I do a lot of ACC On/Engine Off stuff, its better for battery life, and better than a mounted switch so i never forget after playing. Either the car is ready to go and it fires up as it should with all pumps running or it gets no fuel and i dont have to worry about forgetting to turn IC pump on

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra