Sponsored

GT350R steering wheel installed

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
Install took about 45 minutes, 24mm, Small flathead screwdriver(I didn't use a pick) and T20 screw driver. I did have to go back and spend another 10 minutes to take off the airbag again as I didn't have the leather fully under the trim. Simple mistake, should of got it t he first time around. You'll see that in my last picture that a little bit of leather is poking out. I've corrected that and it was easy as well.
1463260172.SW-1.jpg
sw-2.jpg
sw-3.jpg
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Nice :) Looks good with the matching gear knob.

wowstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang PP w/ Recaros
Very nice! I have the same wheel and shifter knob. the alcantara feels great and doesn't get super hot when the car is sitting in the sun. I have the red accent package on my EB and the wheel really tied everything in together

surfs1st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT
I like the flat bottom on the wheel, and I like the increased diameter of the wheel, just can't bring myself to like the Alcantara. :shrug:

Oxfordbp

2016 Mustang GT/ CS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Cali Special
What's the flat bottom for anyway?

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
What's the flat bottom for anyway?
The main benefit is improved clearance between your legs and the steering wheel, therefore making getting into and out of your seat easier.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I like the flat bottom on the wheel, and I like the increased diameter of the wheel, just can't bring myself to like the Alcantara. :shrug:
The Alcantara grows on you. I wasn't convinced the GT350 wheel was for me either until I fitted it and got used to driving with it.

The steering wheel is one of the few things on your car that you are constantly using, and having a nice looking/feeling wheel in your hands makes the driving experience that much more enjoyable IMO :clap2:

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I'm planning to pick up the GT350R steering wheel for my next round of mods. I'm also planning to get the redline alacatra for the shifter boot, hand brake, and center console. I'm holding off a little while to see if the price comes down a little closer to the holidays. I really like how the matching shifter looks so I will probably be adding that to my list of interior mods.

OP
OP

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
Nice :) Looks good with the matching gear knob.
-and start button for the win. I'm pretty close to done with my interior. Just got a few little items to do now.

jed_the_blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 GT mustang
Wasnt a fan at first but now Really starting to like the look of this wheel...only thing bothering me is, I feel like eventually the Suede is gonna wear down and start to look nasty. Am I wrong...?

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I see you can get the wheel at American Muscle but where do you get the shift knob and start button?

Yes you are. You just need to maintain it, like anything else.
Do you have any suggestions on how to maintain this?

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
www.lmgtfy.com

I believe AM has the button too, I haven't searched for the shift knob, but these are OEM Ford parts...any dealer can get them.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
This is probably the one mod that I like the most. It's kinda funny that I'm so amped over a steering wheel. The ergonomics of it are great though.

Major props goes out to SoCalTim. He was great to work with and has great customer service.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I'm very impressed with the GT350R wheel. My last 3 cars had Alcantra wheels and I missed it. I also went with the GT350 shifter and red start button.

I got the wheel at Amazon as it was no interest for 12 months and I got the shifter from CJPony. It already had the correct thread pattern for the M82 trans. It was not 100% plug and play as you need to remove a steel retainer on the inside of the shifter and you can't thread it all the way down or the lockout will not work. I would up getting it in the exact position I wanted then counted the turns as I backed it off. A little blue locktite and I thread it back on to exactly 12 turns. Works great and I can get into reverse.

The red start button came from Blue Oval Parts and took all of 3 minutes to install. Ford gives you a 33 page manual :headbonk:

Sponsored