GT350r Alignment Numbers

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My BRZ is aligned at -1.5 all round, and it is brilliant. It's on Konis with OE springs and tires. I know, I know, the tires are crap, but I love sliding that thing around!

The GT has so much power I think I may want more camber at the rear.
You really can't compare it. The swing arm lengths and camber gain of the IRS between the two cars are not going to be very similar. I would love to see the curve if someone like [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] or [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]had ever measured all the points. A good guideline is around -1 to -1.25 and adjust to suit your use and roll and pitch stiffness.

More than -1.5 will start to heavily compromise straight line performance, as the rear will camber in further when it squats.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I sorta assumed that the rear camber could be more negative than the front seeing that a lot of consumer cars around have that (sometimes, the rear camber difference is visible, so it's quite a bit more).
The operative words there are 'consumer cars', where achieving ultimate performance is strictly secondary to keeping the handling as predictable as possible for owners/drivers whose skills are . . . uncertain.

Norm