72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
I appreciate all the input guys.
I measured the pipes and they are 2.5”... this leaves me torn on whether to swap out to the lth or not. The car sounds incredible the way it is and I’m definitely not lacking in power (789whp).... but still if there’s anything to support any improvement (marginal as it may be) with the lth it’s just not in me to leave it alone.
I would leave it as is.
Sponsored

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
If anyone is interested,
I have a new in box Shiftek X-Pipe.
Thanks

OP
OP
The Rooster

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Well I just spent the last 3 hours of my life swapping out to the lth. Pretty simple job but man do I hate jacking this car up and putting it on stands... I really need to stop procrastinating and get a lift.
After closer examination I found that the stock pipe actually pinches down to 2 1/4 just before the x... that’s getting smaller than I want to see; not that I have any clue on how much flow would actually be lost there. In my mind I just thought back to the foxbody days when we all “needed” 2.5 exhaust for a 5.0 turning 6k.... there’s a lot more air going through these voodoos at 8250.
Of course it’s pouring rain here so I didn’t take it for a drive, but first impressions tell me that it’s a little louder now, maybe a little more rasp.... but that might just be me trying to justify the effort lol
591B68B1-07A7-4B6B-8826-AF300896E141.jpeg

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
Did the LTH res delete a few months back and it was definitely worth it. Modest change in sound in normal mode, about 10-20% louder in sport. Not HUGE but I think it's perfect. Far more pops and snaps on decel but not silly sounding. A nice subtle mod.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Did the LTH res delete a few months back and it was definitely worth it. Modest change in sound in normal mode, about 10-20% louder in sport. Not HUGE but I think it's perfect. Far more pops and snaps on decel but not silly sounding. A nice subtle mod.
I ordered one on Wednesday, just waiting for it to ship.

Sponsored

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
BLine...almost too pretty to put it on the car...
hey @galaxy , didn’t you install the Bline hi flow cats some time ago? How did that work out for you? Those are truly sweet man.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@SmokinAces I did not. Unfortunately those guys are in CA and dealing with alot of production issues. Some driven by supply chain stuff we're all seeing in the market, but a lot of it driven by stupid CA BS. No kidding, these guys told me they had folks calling the health department on them and ratting them out for working during quarantine periods. So they've struggled. I ordered my x pipe for black friday and received it in late Feb or early March or something.

They're still struggling with similar issues trying to get their new cats done. I haven't talked to them in several weeks as yes, I was trying to go that route. But no, it never came to fruition due to all the issues. I unfortunately got tired of waiting and have gone with another brand;). I'm not agry with them or anything like that. Great guys, amazing craftsmanship. Just the combo of all the delays and my personal opinion that this other brand of cat is superior led me away. Soon to be delivered. I'll advise!

@K4fxd Ask me how much I don't care!

But on a serious note...I was never happy with the way the shifttech x pipe fit with my Borla exhaust. You can see where I had to expand the aft end of the pipes to fit in the Borla pipes properly. Always drove me bonkers. The BLine x is a perfect perfect fit and I am much happier. Peace of mind and satisfaction with your work (and quality of product) has no price tag.

Sponsored

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
@galaxy i hear you. That can be very frustrating. Hard not to get uptight and want to unload on someone, probably the someone who doesn’t deserve it. Seeing this happening in many industries. Seems like COVID effect just won’t let go. Absolutely agree, they appear to make works of art. its great to hear you had success with your installation of the x pipe. Leaning that way but want to do the cats first.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@SmokinAces that was my plan too. But with all the production issues (from literally everyone), my dissatisfaction with my current x pipe fit (which I take blame for BTW), and the fact I had a DSS driveshaft sitting waiting on the dining room table, I decided to go ahead and do my x pipe to get the driveshaft in. But now that I’ve been in there a couple times, it’s really not a big job, and not a big deal that I didn’t do them all at once. When things fit that nicely, it makes the swapping around easier. Looking back on it now, I’m glad it played out this way because I’ll be able to tell the actual driving differences between the shaft and the cats; since they’re done at separate times.
Sponsored