GT350 Track Attack 8/18/2020

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
I finally had some time to upload the videos I took at the GT350 Track Attack event. To all those who were worried that the Charlotte Motor Speedway venue was going to be a downgrade from the UMC track, rest assure that this venue is definitely not a boring round track. In fact, I actually enjoyed it more than the Utah event last year.

Sponsored

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
My son took my place on 8/4-5 and he really enjoyed it. The track was very busy and technical but also very fast. He enjoyed the second day more than the first because they got to drive the cars without lead follow. His only regret was not driving the GT350 back to back on the same day with the GT to see the difference better. I would agree this setup is just as good or better than Utah.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Looks like great fun. Heading there on 9/30 for my turn, can't wait hoping for great weather.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Waiting to sign up after the first of the year.
The track looks great, a little bit of everything.

Sponsored

Idrisbey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019-GT350
Great video.

I don't mean to hijack your post, but I have a question to those that have attended. What time are you actually "done for the day"? I am scheduled to attend at the end of September, my flight was scheduled to leave Charlotte Airport at 8 P.M., but today I got an e-mail from the airlines that the flight has been rescheduled to leave at 6:15PM.

Will I have enough time to leave the track and get to the airport for a 6:115 P.M. flight?

JadeGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Great video.

I don't mean to hijack your post, but I have a question to those that have attended. What time are you actually "done for the day"? I am scheduled to attend at the end of September, my flight was scheduled to leave Charlotte Airport at 8 P.M., but today I got an e-mail from the airlines that the flight has been rescheduled to leave at 6:15PM.

Will I have enough time to leave the track and get to the airport for a 6:115 P.M. flight?
Great video by the way! My wife and I are definitely looking forward to our tack day.

Hey Idrisbey, we are also going the end of September (09/30-10/01). What day(s) are you scheduled for?

ExtantPuzzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Great video.

I'd say you're cutting it uncomfortably close. We had one guy in our class who talked to the instructors and left early at 4PM because of a 6:15PM flight - he missed the passenger lap with an instructor driving, the graduation, and the chance to stand around and talk with the instructors and other classmates. Up to you if that's worth it or not, but it was fun to ride along and have the instructor explain his logic for the track and see it in realtime.

I'd say we were wrapped up around 5PM. If you're just getting an uber to the airport and have TSA Precheck, you're probably okay, but anything involving turning in a rental car, security lines, etc. and you're probably going to spend that hour and a half sweating bullets.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I was there on Aug 14th. Third session was in pouring rain. Glad it was. The car was performed very good even on the wet track without any issue. Great program overall in such a short time.
4TR_6835.JPG

NCFlyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE
Great video by the way! My wife and I are definitely looking forward to our tack day.

Hey Idrisbey, we are also going the end of September (09/30-10/01). What day(s) are you scheduled for?
I have the same dates but rec'd an email stating that the 30 Sept Meet & Greet is canx'd so it's driving on the 1st. It's definitely looks like a fun time!

Sponsored

Idrisbey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019-GT350
I'd say you're cutting it uncomfortably close. We had one guy in our class who talked to the instructors and left early at 4PM because of a 6:15PM flight - he missed the passenger lap with an instructor driving, the graduation, and the chance to stand around and talk with the instructors and other classmates. Up to you if that's worth it or not, but it was fun to ride along and have the instructor explain his logic for the track and see it in realtime.

I'd say we were wrapped up around 5PM. If you're just getting an uber to the airport and have TSA Precheck, you're probably okay, but anything involving turning in a rental car, security lines, etc. and you're probably going to spend that hour and a half sweating bullets.
Thanks for the detailed information. I am going to see if I can catch a later flight then. I hate rushing things.

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Iā€™m attending in two weeks on September 11, canā€™t wait !!!!!

dboz1983

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150, ā€˜20 GT350
I will be there on SEP 28! Looking forward to it, for sure.

OP
OP

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
Great video.

We officially ended a little earlier at around 4:30pm. You will have plenty of time to make it to the airport by 8pm. Keep in mind that is also around the time of rush hour traffic. Like Joe had mentioned, you won't make the 6:15 flight, unless you're willing to miss the end of the event.

JadeGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have the same dates but rec'd an email stating that the 30 Sept Meet & Greet is canx'd so it's driving on the 1st. It's definitely looks like a fun time!
Yep, I got that same email. Looks like they plan on doing the reception event via video. Below was the message I recieved:

Welcome Reception - Sep 30, 2020

* Your in-person reception is currently suspended. However, you will receive an email at a later date including a video version of your reception presentation. We continue to monitor guidelines in place throughout the country to guide us in the timing of re-introducing program receptions. A final decision will be made, and you updated, at roughly 14 days in advance of your program date.*

I'll be flying in from Portland, OR so I'll still be coming on the 30th. Look forward to meeting you there!
Sponsored