Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Do you have the part numbers? Those costs seem very very low, less than the rotors
I agree they are cheap. I was shocked by the price that's why I bought them. I do not have the part numbers in front of me. I will post them here ASAP.
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Thanks, are they the full packed caliper or is that just the caliper body?

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Without base tests, you will never know the gained or lost performance of each mod.
Unless of course someone else does the Mods first. Ford engineers have said many time with this car, it is tuned for the current set up. If you don't have a base line and the ability
to test each Mod, how will you know what if any improvements you are getting?
Or even more important, the losses that could be obtained.
I modded my last Mustang ( heavily) I won't be modding this car, but If I were
those numbers would be huge.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Is the R-caliper different than what's installed on Track, Tech or base? I wouldn't think so since there's only one pad option, but maybe something different with internals or exterior color option?

Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Is the R-caliper different than what's installed on Track, Tech or base? I wouldn't think so since there's only one pad option, but maybe something different with internals or exterior color option?

Thanks.
Just color.

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Just color.
Thanks. If you don't mind my asking a few more questions . . .

Are the calipers fitted with dust boots or just internal seals, and do you know whether there are anti kick back springs in the cylinders?

Thanks again.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
From what I seen when I ordered mine the other day they are complete and ready to install minus pads. I'll confirm tomorrow when I get them in my hands. He had a front rotor on the counter but was returning it because it had a big chip in the powder coating.

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
[MENTION=7033]Voodoo[/MENTION] - Mod away man! Yes, Ford has spent significant time "thinking through" the GT350... but there is always concern from Ford to keep costs in line. Good luck with making this thing your own. Hell, the old GT350s wouldn't be worth much if everybody kept them bone stock and didn't drive them! As a big fan of the collector market, all the people that were bitching about ADMs and wondering whether this car would eventually appreciate should be begging people to do some heavy mods! Just my 2cents

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
@Voodoo - Mod away man! Yes, Ford has spent significant time "thinking through" the GT350... but there is always concern from Ford to keep costs in line. Good luck with making this thing your own. Hell, the old GT350s wouldn't be worth much if everybody kept them bone stock and didn't drive them! As a big fan of the collector market, all the people that were bitching about ADMs and wondering whether this car would eventually appreciate should be begging people to do some heavy mods! Just my 2cents
As an original owner of a 1966 "Bone-stock" GT350, I can tell you, there wasn't much anyone could do better than what Shelby did with these cars after he got them Ford. The original 65-66 MYs were basically a race car "modified" to be legal on the streets. And if you look at recent auctions, the only way to go with these originals is bone-stock for the best price. You modified an original GT350 and the price will go down.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
As an original owner of a 1966 "Bone-stock" GT350, I can tell you, there wasn't much anyone could do better than what Shelby did with these cars after he got them Ford. The original 65-66 MYs were basically a race car "modified" to be legal on the streets. And if you look at recent auctions, the only way to go with these originals is bone-stock for the best price. You modified an original GT350 and the price will go down.
I'd love to have a 65/66 gt350. Always my favorite car since I was a kid. But on that note, what I'm doing is simple bolt ons. Every single part that I remove that's stock is bagged and tagged. Also for myself, I have OCD bad and I tend to go above and beyond. I ordered new stock pieces (lower control arms, knuckles, IRS cradle, wheel bearing hubs etc to modify. The stock cradle And suspension pieces are going to be stored away and can be reinstalled at anytime. I am not cutting up the car in anyway shape or form. I know the effects of originality. Although it's not a 65/66 GT350 I have a all original 1956 F100 with 26000 miles on it that still has all the original paint, interior, engine, drivetrain etc. runs like a top. Wanna Trade? Lol
image.jpeg

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott